Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-16-2003, 08:34 AM

Default new core audio driver problem

I downloaded the new core audio driver (to try in standalone with Cubase SX cause i'm not working with PT6 yet)
The installer prompted me with strange fonts (mainly japanese, i think, but not all)
I downloaded the driver a second time with same results, and stupidly continue the installation.
After that no way to restart. I tried the Disk Warrior 3 CD. DW found major errors and seemed to repair them, but still no restart (the little logo under the apple turn over and over...)
So I restarted with "extensions disaled" (i don't know how is it called in X) and uninstalled the driver with the same strange installer, repair permisssions...

Everything seems ok now

Am I alone with this?
gugu

G4 Quicksilver 933/768Mo Ram/ OS 9.2.2 and 10.2.6 (french version) on separate drives/ PT Mix + 5.1.3 cs10
Old 09-16-2003, 08:35 AM

Default Re: new core audio driver problem

The installer is Japanese, so I gave up since I couldn't trust my memory to click the right buttons. I'm sure it'll be fixed momentarily.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:06 PM

I got it installed now, but of course the Setup App is also in Japanese. I guess we'll wait a while longer.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:07 PM

I just downloaded and installed it. I didn't see anything Japanese in anything, and it works great.

I have waited a long, long time for this. It took what seemed like forever, and was a very frustrating wait. I had pretty much given up on getting these standalone drivers. But I'm glad it finally came through. Thanks Digidesign.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:40 PM

That's so weird!!

I just downloaded it again. It was still in Japanese.

I had to delete all the other language possibilities from the International Prefs and disable the second keyboard input method i use - log out and eventually it was the English version.

You see something new everyday.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:39 PM

Digi, any info on this???

gugu
Old 09-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Avid

Hello guys,

The CoreAudio installer seems to have a problem with non-English OS'. And defaults to installing Japanese components. We are putting together a new installer that will resolve this issue.
We will post an updated Core Audio installer as soon as it's complete.

Jim,
In your case it sounds like the installer was misinterpreting your OS version because of the installed langauge options.

Mike
Old 09-16-2003, 03:38 PM

What's with the crazy jump in version numbers?

We were at v1.2 and now it's 6.1.1? What happened to all the revisions in between?
Old 09-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Administrator

We just uploaded a new version of the Core Audio Installer that should solve the problem.
The installer is a "smart installer" that installs the Japanese version of the Core Audio if the computer is booted in the Japanese OS, and the English version if any other supported language operating system is booted.

The initial version of the CA installer would install the correct components, only installing the Japanese components on a Japanese OS, and the English components on all others. But...it would splash the Japanese directions if an OS other than English was detected, making it a bit of a "dumb installer".

The newly uploaded version should give the directions in English for any OS X system other than Japanese OS X.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:22 PM

Default Post deleted by Digidesign