How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2015, 04:39 AM

Default Cannot Open Session

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to the forum, but have been using Pro Tools for a while. I created a session over the weekend. When I tried to access the session yesterday, I get this error:

Could not complete the Open Session... command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/151228/ProTools/NewFileLibs/FileFormat/MacBuild/../../FF/Audio/FF_AudioFile.cpp", line 998.

All my other sessions are working. This one loads everything. I see the session for a moment, and then it closes and that message appears. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chris
Old 03-12-2015, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Cannot Open Session

Create a new blank session and try to import all tracks and session data from the corrupted session.

http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/index2.html
http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/vita.html
www.3-p.de
www.imglashaus.de
Old 03-12-2015, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Cannot Open Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlafata View Post
...t complete the Open Session... command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/151228/ProTools/NewFileLibs/FileFormat/MacBuild/../../FF/Audio/FF_AudioFile.cpp", line 998.

All my other sessions are working. This one loads everything. I see the session for a moment, and then it closes and that message appears. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chris
Not much to go on here since there's no info about what kind of system you're on, but my first inclination would be to trash databases, reboot, and see how it behaves. I'd also probably try moving the session to another drive and see if that makes a difference.

After that, yes, your best bet to resurrect the session may be to create a new session and import the data in.

best,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6