How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 AM

Default MC Mix - SHIFT-NUDGE functions not working

Hi.

I just got an Artist Mix (actually the grey euphonix one) and I love it.
I'm running OS X Lion with Pro Tools 9.0.5 (dare devil, I know) and I've updated the MC Mix to the latest firmware. Eucon works nice and almost everything is in perfect order.

But there's one thing bugging me:
The shift functions of the NUDGE keys are not working. The left on should be toggle between Mix/Edit - does nothing.
The left one says CLOSE, what's that supposed to mean? Haven't tried enough stuff to call that one useless yet though.

Anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?

Also: I'm not really getting what the ASSIGN buttons do. When I SHIFT press that button the EUControl panel comes up and lets me choose a track from my pro tools session. Is it some kind of custom fader function?

Any replies would be nice.

Cheers
Sebastian
Old 10-12-2011, 08:21 AM

Default Re: MC Mix - SHIFT-NUDGE functions not working

Don't know that either of the SHIFT-NUDGE buttons do anything in PT, they don't in mine.

As for the assign buttons, yes they bring up the eucon panel to assign the channel into a layout that you can then recall. Personally I don't find the eucon layouts very helpful as they are limited to the number of physical faders you have, ie. on a single MC Mix (8 faders) you can't assign 16 channels to a layout and then bank between them. Also the way in which you assign faders is tedious. I just stick to show/hide memory locations in PT.

Hope that helps.

JR
Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 PM

These are holdovers from nuendo/logic etc. They are working in Nuendo 5.5 here. I'm sure they'll work in PT eventually.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:37 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

The Shift and Nudge work in Logic, at least on my system.

Quote:
Personally I don't find the eucon layouts very helpful as they are limited to the number of physical faders you have, ie. on a single MC Mix (8 faders) you can't assign 16 channels to a layout and then bank between them.
On the transport you can assign layouts on the keypad; it's even faster than bank change since you can jump from 1-8 to 33-40 by just pressing "5" or to 17-32 by pressing "3", etc.

Expensive solution, but it's what I find the most useful on the transport.
I guess you can do the same with the softkeys on the control.

I love the mix (it's the first unit I got), but it's nice to have another unit where you can program what you need.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:27 AM

Xill,

Ya I do the same thing with my Transport except with the memory locations. I work in film/tv, so I set up my mem locations to show dialogue, music, fx, foley, etc. and often each of those groups has more than 8 channels.