Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 04-28-2022, 10:28 AM

Default Stop "install all" on Avid Link

Accidentally clicked the "install all" button on Avid Link. Now it prompts me to install a bunch of stuff I don't need every time I start my computer or quit and re-open Avid Link.

Tried deleting the installers from the folder where they are downloaded but Avid Link will download them again and initiate the installation prompts for each of them.

Any clue on how to cancel or stop this?
Old 04-28-2022, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Stop "install all" on Avid Link

I normally delete avid link. It’s a pain in the b*t
Old 04-28-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I normally delete avid link. It’s a pain in the b*t
Well, I don't want to delete Avid Link or make it go away. Just cancel that automatic process that was initiated with "install all" or make it stop.

And I understand that I could install all my updates/upgrades manually without using Avid Link.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixaudio View Post
...Any clue on how to cancel or stop this?
Install All should change to Cancel All after clicking it. If needed, go into Preferences (click the Avid Link icon in the upper right of your menu bar) and click the Clear Cache Files button.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Install All should change to Cancel All after clicking it. If needed, go into Preferences (click the Avid Link icon in the upper right of your menu bar) and click the Clear Cache Files button.
Thanks Jeffro. I cleared cache which deletes all downloaded installers and forces me to sign in again. Once I sign-in it automatically resumes the installation process by downloading all installers again.

While it is downloading them I click on the "cancel all" button and it stops the installation process, and do "clear cache" and sign in again… and the installation process resumes again with a NEW download of all these things.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixaudio View Post
...the installation process resumes again with a NEW download of all these things.
Ack, that's frustrating! Sorry. IIRC you're on macOS, so...

Uninstall: Run the Avid Link Uninstaller in /Applications/Avid_Uninstallers/Avid Link

Clean install (optional if you want to try it again): Download from my.avid.com/products > Avid Link > VIEW... and run the installer
Old 04-28-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Ack, that's frustrating! Sorry. IIRC you're on macOS, so...

Uninstall: Run the Avid Link Uninstaller in /Applications/Avid_Uninstallers/Avid Link

Clean install (optional if you want to try it again): Download from my.avid.com/products > Avid Link > VIEW... and run the installer
Not good news. Tried un-installing and then re-installing Avid Link.

As soon as I log-in, download/installation of several things resumes automatically.

Also tried searching/deleting all folders or preference panes with the names "Avid Link" or "avidlink". Then another clean install of Avid Link, but as soon as I sign-in the downloads/installs start again automatically.

I'm thinking this may be something with Avid's server. Like it logged that I started the "install all", so it's not a local action taken by the Avid Link app, but triggered from Avid's server.

Quite frustrating…
Old 04-28-2022, 12:00 PM

The flakiness of this is why many? (some?) of us recommend just uninstalling Avid Link. It's a nice idea, but has had far too many problems.

And this time saving product has wasted how much of your time today?
Old 04-28-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The flakiness of this is why many? (some?) of us recommend just uninstalling Avid Link. It's a nice idea, but has had far too many problems.

And this time saving product has wasted how much of your time today?
About 2 hours!! or more…

I hope Avid Support chimes in at some point. For now I'm keeping Avid Link installed but I'm signing-out to avoid these installation prompts.
Old 04-28-2022, 06:55 PM

I am having the same issue with Avid Link repeatedly attempting to install plugins that have already been installed on our Studio A iMac but Avid Link is reporting that they need to be installed. Initially this problem did not occur with out Studio B iMac, but after a reboot, Avid Link started to report an uninstalled plugin and tries to automatically install it when I open Avid Link just like it does on put Studio A computer now.

I hope a fix can be found for this because it’s very inconvenient.
Luna 1.5.5, Logic Pro 10.8.1/Logic Pro 10.7.9, Cubase Pro 13.0.30, Studio One Pro 6.6, Pro Tools Studio 2024.3.1, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA-2 Software 11.2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Fractal Axe Fx III Mk. II Turbo FW 25, USB FW 1.15 and Axe-Edit III 1.13.19, Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.7.1.