Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2011, 10:33 AM

Default Q re: Rendering Clip Gain

So when you render clip gain, is there no way to get around it rendering the entire file? I have a session with LOTS of edits within the same file, and when I go to render the clip gain, it makes an entire new file out of every edited piece. So next thing you know, I have 75 versions of a 125MB file, all rendered the same amount. For gits and shiggles I tried setting the Default handle length pref down to 0, but as I feared, I think that only affects Audiosuite processing*. Anyone know the scoop here?

* Just trying it again, and maybe changing that default DID do the trick. It SEEMS to now be applying the gain only to the portion in the region/clip. First time I did it after changing the handle pref to 0, it still went and made an entire file's worth. Who knows. Maybe it just needed to be re-saved and opened for it to kick in.

And the funny thing is, when I decided to try it the old way by applying the ol' GAIN plugin, I noticed that the same amount of gain applied THERE made for much louder clips than that amount applied via clip gain!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Q re: Rendering Clip Gain

Okay, so nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently changing that pref DID solve the problem. I just had to close and re-open the session before it took hold, so that's good.

Though it IS still kinda weird that the same amount of gain applied via clip gain is not as loud as applying it via the GAIN plugin.