Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 03-26-2020, 12:22 PM

Default Error, missing PACE authorization for Pro Tools.

Hi everyone I've been beating my head against a wall for months with the "Error, missing PACE authorization for Pro Tools..." and been through the wringer. Hopefully this will save someone a massive headache.
I recently upgraded my trusty mobile rig to a "new" MPB & PT Ultimate. What a nightmare! Did the usual migration from my previous rig and kept getting the error message. Decided to do a complete reinstall to a reformatted drive, bought hundreds of dollars in adapters, both powered and unpowered. I've talked to every software support company involved and came up with nothing. Just dealt with constant crashes. FINALLY I got this back today from pace/iLok...

There is some software that has been known to interfere with USB recognition. Do you have any of the following applications installed:

~Duet or Duet Display
~USB Network Gate or any other software from Eltima
~Shadow PC

To be thorough, please send us your system information:

On an OS 10.4 or above Macintosh, the system information can be found here:
1) From your 'Hard Drive' go to the 'Applications/Utilities/' folder and run the "System Profiler" or "System Information".
2) From the "System Profiler/System Information" menu choose 'File' and then 'Save'
3) Make sure to archive (ZIP) the file from the system it was generated from before sending it to us.

Best regards,

PACE Anti-Piracy Technical Support

then...

Yes! I am sorry, we're only recently discovering the scope of the problem with Duet. If you contact Duet, I know they were able to help one of our users with a command line script that stopped it from interfering with USB recognition.

hopefully this helps someone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg errormsg.jpg (38.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-26-2020, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Error, missing PACE authorization for Pro Tools.

Also there can be issues with iLoks and USB3 ports. The usual remedy is to run a powered USB 2 hub between computer & iLok.

QAPLA!
Old 03-27-2020, 11:33 AM

not the case. like in the original post, tried apple unpowered adapters and powered hubs. Also bought 3 brand new ilok3s just to be sure it wasn't the physical ilok. This is was a case of software issue with duet being installed on my rig. Since I've removed the application I've had 0 errors.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:11 PM

more from Duet directly...

Hello,

This is Vachi with Duet’s tech support team. Thank you for reaching out!

We have actually had a couple of users report similar issues in the past with Duet and iLok, however, it does not seems to be affecting all of our users. Our development team has suggested running the following command on your Mac's Terminal app: "defaults write com.kairos.duetMac androidUsbDisabled -bool true". This command will disable part of Duet's USB components that could be causing issues with iLok.

Please let us know how it goes, we will be looking forward to your response.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:05 PM

What Duet do You mean??? Duet from Apogee???
I have this problem now and it is annoying to be frankly! I have spent 2 days of debugging something the should not be a problem!!! I have a license and it do not work, it is more than bad!!! Can I bill Avid for lost work???
ProTools Ultimate 2019.5, Avid MTRX