Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2002, 02:45 PM

Default Life is good, could be beter!!!

I am a long term TDM user, in fact have used Pro-tools in my studio since it was introduced and was glad to hear of the arrival of the M-Box. After installing the M-Box and PT LE 5.2 I can now sit on the porch with the Midiman Oxygen 8 and record 24 tracks of cool stuff to my i-Pod using Softcell, Absynth, FM-7 and a host of other fun tools. Do a little mixing with Waves, Channelstrip and a variety other plug-ins which are compatible with the big system back at the studio. In fact, through Airport I can share updates I am making to the score with the folks back at main studio through Digi Studio and never leave my comfortable chair. Man life is good. Then all of a sudden I get a call, on the bat phone of course I won’t want to get up, and its the editor. They have added 12 frames to the second screen. Then it hits me, something is missing. TIME CODE!!! This is my first time using the LE version of PT. Can someone from Digi explain to me why on earth this version does not have TC. Any other music software has it. Are you assuming that any one using an M-Box is not a professional? Digi has always been a hardware company, I however have always used their system because of the software. I waited and screamed a lot for midi and now use it for that as well. Its the best program to edit in hands down. But why not focus on being a little bit more of a software company? God forbid you you built in a ASIO driver for PT. Where is the time compression tools? I would be happy to pay extra for the software if that’s what it took. Life is good, but it could be better. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2002, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Life is good, could be beter!!!

I guess because of the M-Box we are all going to have to tolerate another round of angry people who didn't know what we have known for years.
[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2002, 04:49 PM

I am sorry you think this sounded angry. It was not written with that intention. I use these tools as a means to an end. The M-Box has nothing to do with it either. I have had issues with TDM over the years as well. I just don't think excepting things as they are when you know what they could be is wrong.
Old 03-10-2002, 11:50 PM

Hey, 1 frame = 1470 samples. Set your nugde value by that amount... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The "disabled" smpte features are my only gripe about LE since LE is totaly smpte "aware".

dk
Old 03-13-2002, 03:12 AM

>"After installing the M-Box and PT LE 5.2 I can now sit on the porch with the Midiman Oxygen 8 and record 24 tracks of cool stuff to my i-Pod using Softcell, Absynth, FM-7 and a host of other fun tools. Do a little mixing with Waves, Channelstrip and a variety other plug-ins which are compatible with the big system back at the studio. In fact,
through Airport I can share updates I am making to the score with the
folks back at main studio through Digi Studio and never leave my comfortable chair. Man life is good."

Sympte, man w/ all the "chicken littles" & "digi slammers" all over the place, this actually sounds pretty cooool... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]