Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2023, 07:29 AM

Default Purchased my update support plan for my perpetual studio license, WTH?

Purchased my update support plan for my perpetual studio license today, WTH?

Specifically made sure I picked support update plan 199.00 on my perpetual product license page. Well, Now it shows a new subscription?
Is this a way to get subscriptions now? Pretty upset at this point. I specifically made sure to choose the right option. Seems fishy to me. Created a case (which is a big mess of a form BTW) and asked either apply the right update support plan to my perp license, or cancel the sale and tell me what I need to do next.
Be careful out there, something is either wrong with the product site, or something is afoot. This better get straightened out before my update/support expiration, as I have alot of work to do. I am not pleased at all, and am worried I wont get a timely response, as it seems to take time for such an simple fix.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Purchased my update support plan for my perpetual studio license, WTH?

Oh, no answer huh? Just received an email from support that says: “purchase the renewal first, and then we will refund the error subscription”. No, thats not acceptable. It was an error on your site, I just wanted to renew my update plan and ended up with this BS subscription crap. I am really angry at this point. I am NOT going to be out $400.00 for an error YOUR site made. I think, unless proven wrong, Avid is trying to screw perpetual licensing at this point. Well, I am going to dispute the charge, and get my money back, or, use my $199.00 i just used to get a support renewal, and put it where it belongs. Cancel the damn subscription and just give me the one year renewal to my perpetual license. Why is it so hard?
You screwed this up and I am supposed to trust ANOTHER $199.00 for another screwup?
Old 02-10-2023, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Purchased my update support plan for my perpetual studio license, WTH?

Are you positive it’s switched to subscription?

Support plan renewal is $199. Subscription plan is $299. If you’ve only been charged $199, that would imply you purchased the support plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2023, 08:28 AM

Sardi, Thank you for asking. Here is what happened: see Avid_Mess.jpg attached.

Red Arrow: Chose to renew my update plan.

Green Arrow: Ended up with this.

Now, Avid Support wants me to do spend another $199.00 and do it again. Then they said they will cancel and refund the subscription money. I cant trust another subscription purchase,
or it happening again, and I budget my studio costs, I will be out $400.00 and I am not even sure it will get refunded. I need that error just set in my perpetual as a support renewal.
Avid has done it for other customers when this has happened. I just cant be out $400.00 in cash flow at this time. Its frustrating and really, I am trying to be a good customer and even
renewing a support plan. I don't believe we should even have to do that after plunking down so much money on a perpetual license and holding us hostage on the plugins, if we don't renew support.
So, when this happens, Avid should fix it and we move on. Attached Support response below as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avid_Mess.jpg (26.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Avid_support.jpg (47.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ja_allen; 02-10-2023 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Added Attachment
Old 02-10-2023, 09:17 AM

Update:
Support came through (Thank You) after some back and forth, and cancelled the error purchase, and thank God my perpetual license is fine (was scared of that getting twisted during all this).

Now I worry even trying again once the money is back in my account (5-6 days) but I do have time as I like to do renewals early. I dont want that link to do this a second time. hrmm. Its so crazy.
Old 02-10-2023, 09:22 AM

Buy a Reinstatement code from Sweetwater.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction

Last edited by The Weed; 02-10-2023 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:58 PM

My perpetual license didnt expire…
Moving along.
Old 02-10-2023, 04:19 PM

Default Purchased my update support plan for my perpetual studio license, WTH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja_allen View Post
Sardi, Thank you for asking. Here is what happened: see Avid_Mess.jpg attached.

Red Arrow: Chose to renew my update plan.

Green Arrow: Ended up with this.

Now, Avid Support wants me to do spend another $199.00 and do it again. Then they said they will cancel and refund the subscription money. I cant trust another subscription purchase,
or it happening again, and I budget my studio costs, I will be out $400.00 and I am not even sure it will get refunded. I need that error just set in my perpetual as a support renewal.
Avid has done it for other customers when this has happened. I just cant be out $400.00 in cash flow at this time. Its frustrating and really, I am trying to be a good customer and even
renewing a support plan. I don't believe we should even have to do that after plunking down so much money on a perpetual license and holding us hostage on the plugins, if we don't renew support.
So, when this happens, Avid should fix it and we move on. Attached Support response below as well.

I understood your first post and what happened, but it just didn’t make sense as, again, subscription for PT Studio is $299. How you ended up with a subscription when only charged $199 is weird. It’s not like there’s a person manually sending codes to people.

Anyhoo, you’ve got your refund now. If you’re still worried about purchasing through the AVID site, buy your renewal from a reseller and then submit that code via your AVID account.

Beat of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sardi; 02-17-2023 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:50 AM

You are right, going to have to go through a reseller. Its BS though. Too much.
Now I get this, See attachment. Wonderful. I just want to renew my damn update/support plan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BS.JPG (11.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-27-2023, 09:36 AM
Avid

Hi - Can you send here your case number so I can also follow up with our support team. Thanks!