Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Pro Tools doesn\'t do Anything.. at all.

So here is the problem, I have recently gone out and got a Delta 1010lt Card AND also I have a copy of Pro Tools M Powered 7.3. But when I start the program nothing happens. I double click the icon get a little Hard Drive activity and that is all. Nothing else. I can then see that Pro Tools M-Powered is running under the task manager, which I end the process of.

I thought it might be an issue with the iLok so I tried uninstalling everything and running the Demo, but again it has the exact same issue.

Any Ideas!?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools doesn\'t do Anything.. at all.

Are you using dual monitors? If so, it's possible that the dialog box is open off screen. Try alt-tabbing after the load next time.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:40 AM

I don't have dual monitors and I'm having the same problem. I formatted and reinstalled XP/ProTools and it works. 2 days later... same thing. I haven't touched the system config since the load where it all worked for a few days. I can't figure it out.

If you have any ideas let me know!
Old 10-28-2007, 12:00 PM

according to the original poster (ShaunH), he solved the problems he was having (read this thread):

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...part=1#1206791

Quote:
Quote:
Try making a nice fresh new user and disabling any startup apps you don't use especially AV software in Kasperskys case (and associated AV software that uses the same engine) you have to stop it loading it's not enough to disable it afterwards PTMP still won't load....

It Worked

This means for others outhere, it has to be a certain registry program that is causing it to hang.

--------------------
Witness to Change
Old 10-29-2007, 06:13 AM

Hey there guys,

OK - so I tried the new user/no startup items bit. First; you obviously need your interface drivers to load on startup... so that was my first head-scratcher why the control panel wasn't even loading.

But even after following all of the advice on the previous thread, clearing DD Database folders on all drives, renaming the Plugins folder, and deleting user prefs it still won't load.

I installed Live 6.0 today and it works fine. I don't think I have a hardware problem; I just wish I could figure out what I can do to prevent PTMP from freaking out after a few days of operating perfectly fine.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:05 AM

post SANDRA info if you want REAL HELP!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application can be used to post your full system profile:
www.sisoftware.co.uk
Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old 10-29-2007, 07:44 PM

While I respect your constant insistence that you need Sandra to diagnose problems I have news to report...

I just got off the phone with Digi's paid tech support and they seem to have no clue about this problem. They went so far as to tell me it would be more beneficial to switch to a "homogeneous computing environment.... like a Mac". I assume this is to circumvent the myriad possibilities of computer configurations that could be giving trouble to tech support.

Tier 1 was unable to solve the issue; they escalated me and I will receive a call in the next 48 hours to rectify. I will post with updates when they become available.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:25 AM

good luck with that then.

it's true that most users of mac systems have less problems.

if / when you have it all figured out - let us know.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
They went so far as to tell me it would be more beneficial to switch to a "homogeneous computing environment.... like a Mac"
They actually said that? Wow... it's the Sony VAIO all over again.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 PM

I went to the Mac store today to buy the new iMac 20" - only $1199; seemed reasonable. Guess what - can't order with Tiger installed. Leopard only.

So now I'm in a pickle; I have to buy a refurb or a used comp. If/when PTMP gets updated to 7.4 it may or may not have Leopard support built in.

To make matters worse, M-Audio may not have drivers right away either. People in the LE threads are having limited success in hacking LE together to work; but I'm feeling absolutely stuck right now.