Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Avid

Default Re: EuCon Hell

Hey unkewl,

Thanks for trying these steps. I realize we are asking you to do things we'd normally never ask of a user. Referring to the original steps, try the following:

2) From a terminal window run only: find / -name libEuCon*.dylib
Then, see if there is any output at all.

If there isn't change directory to /usr/local/lib then issue this command: ls -al The, note the presence of: libEuCon2.dylib. If you see it, what is the date and time on the file?

3) in PrefSetter, add the logging keys in com.euphonix.eucon.plist (after backing up the plist file) :

Logging/SurfaceEnabled = 1
Logging/File = /Users/<your username>/Desktop/EuConLog2

Then, follow steps 3.h through 3.k.

If this doesn't work, then the next step might be to create a new partition and do a fresh install of the OS.

Also, is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Berkeley, CA
Old 10-16-2014, 01:34 PM

Kyle, thanks again. Glad for your guidance in troubleshooting. And I’m sorry if I am following directions too literally without much imagination.

2) There were many screenfuls of output, but I did not see: libEuCon2.dylib

(I did a text search for any matches in the terminal window “libeu”, and it only matched the original command. (Also lots of “: Permission denied” next to the different lines/directories the search generated. It took some minutes before it seemed finished.)

3) I was able to attach two generated text files following your instructions.

And there is a user, bgervais, I noticed a few days ago with the same error message. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=353145
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EuConLog2Surface.pdf (15.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf EuConLog2Workstation.pdf (23.1 KB, 0 views)
PT 2018.4 HD / Mac Pro (Late 2013) MacOS 10.12.6 / 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 / 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 / Mac SSD / Thunderbolt Display / LaCie 5big (JBOD) / 2x-Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (Dual Unit) / Avid Artist Control
Old 10-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Avid

We'll take a look. Thanks.
Berkeley, CA
Old 10-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Avid

Hey unkewl,

Please do the following:

1) From Finder Menu, choose 'Go' then click on 'Go to folder'
2) Type: /usr/local/lib/
3) Then click 'Go'
4) A Finder window will open showing the lib folder
5) What all do you see in there?

Unfortunately, there wasn't anything in the log files you attached. We think the logging level needs to be explicitly set.

Go back to PrefSetter and add the logging keys in com.euphonix.eucon.plist:
Logging/SurfaceLevel = 4
Logging/ClientLevel = 4
Logging/WorkstationEnabled = 1

Then, follow steps 3.h through 3.k from before:
h. Exit the plist editor, saving if prompted.
i. Launch EuControl.
j. Using the value of Logging/File noted above, look in that directory you accessed earlier (/Users/<username>/) for a file called EuConLog2Surface.txt.
k. Attach that file here (compress it if you need to).

Hopefully, those new logs will be helpful.

Thanks,
Berkeley, CA
Old 10-27-2014, 01:24 PM

Thanks again, Kyle. I hope I am helping you help me (and others)!

When I “Go to the folder”: /usr/local/lib/

It says “The folder can’t be found.”

And I added the two new keys; the third one is already there: Logging/WorkstationEnabled = 1

Here's the new txt file, but it looks light again (maybe as I have no /usr/local/lib (??)). Converted to pdf for attaching.

Sincere thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EuConLog2Surface.pdf (10.5 KB, 0 views)
PT 2018.4 HD / Mac Pro (Late 2013) MacOS 10.12.6 / 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 / 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 / Mac SSD / Thunderbolt Display / LaCie 5big (JBOD) / 2x-Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (Dual Unit) / Avid Artist Control
Old 10-29-2014, 12:35 PM
Avid

I think something must be going very wrong during the installation process since you are missing that lib folder. Without it, EuControl can't run. This could be due to OS corruption of some kind. This may be a long shot, but try the following:

1) Download and unzip the file located here: https://app.box.com/s/6agt4wnu5ikxmedg3cf6
2) From Finder menu, choose 'Go' then 'Go To Folder', and type: /usr/local
3) Drag the "lib" folder that you just unzipped into the "local" folder. Enter your password. Folder should copy over.
4) Restart your computer
5) Launch EuControl

If that doesn't work you will probably need to reinstall your Operating System or contact Apple for help determining source of installation failure. Hopefully, the above steps work though!
Berkeley, CA
Old 10-30-2014, 06:00 AM

Thanks Kyle. I've DL'd the zip you shared, and went to look at: /usr/local/

And the "lib" folder is there! But it has a little stop sign icon by the folder. And when I look at "sharing and permissions" of that folder via "get info" -- it says: system = Read & Write and everyone = No Access.

I am logged into my Mac as me, Admin. "Users & Groups" shows only me as Admin, and under other users: Guest User as Enabled, Managed.

Is there a switch I can flick to unlock that folder? I am sorry if these are rudimentary questions. (I'm having no other problems with the Mac, that I'm aware.)
Old 10-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Avid

Interesting. To me this suggests some kind of OS permissions issue on your Mac which is preventing the EuControl installer from installing those necessary lib components.

I did find this thread online which could be helpful:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
Berkeley, CA
Old 10-31-2014, 03:12 AM

Thank you, Kyle. I did try repair permissions before, but I'll follow the directions in detail as soon as I get a chance. Will report back.

Thank you again.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:47 PM

Kyle, this is crazy. I followed the instructions at the link and it did not fix the folder, but I was able to apply that thinking to the specific folder -- and EuCon started! But when I went to power on my Artist Control... it won't turn on now. The power supply is working (the green light is on), but no power.

Looks like I need to get that fixed/repaired by Avid. Would you direct to me that solution?

Thanks for the marathon help. We did solve the EuCon issue!