Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2012, 06:05 PM

Default USB stick no longer seen to install plugins?

I've been using a USB stick to install my McDSP plugins for as long as I can remember but all of a sudden it is no longer seen by the desk... but only when trying to install plugins, it works fine for show file transfers. The only thing recently changed was that I copied the Waves V9 installer on to the USB stick so I could install an instance of C6 for review purposes. Perhaps the Waves file has somehow corrupted the stick?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Sheldon, have you heard of anything like that happening?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Default Re: USB stick no longer seen to install plugins?

I have had a similar experience. I needed to update my ecx software and it would not recognize the file from the usb. I unzipped the file and had it in the root directory and it wouldn't find it. I ended up downloading the cd file and burning to a cd rom and installing it that way.
I did not have a problem installing waves v8 recently though and also dont have problems making files transfers as well.
Sacramento, CA
Old 08-03-2012, 03:01 AM

So you have a stick that is recognized by Venue and not recognized by desktop computer?

1. What OS do you have? Since Venue runs on Windows XP Embedded, your stick should be recognized by XP (and any Windows as well).

2. Or you may have a damaged USB connector in the desk or in the stick...
Old 08-03-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice Of Truth View Post
So you have a stick that is recognized by Venue and not recognized by desktop computer?

1. What OS do you have? Since Venue runs on Windows XP Embedded, your stick should be recognized by XP (and any Windows as well).

2. Or you may have a damaged USB connector in the desk or in the stick...
The stick is recognized by the desktop. When I "Exit to desktop" I see all my files on the stick there. I was able to install my plugins from there last night but that doesn't explain why I can't install them from the Venue software.

When I go to Filing/Transfers I can see the stick there and swap back and forth no problem. When I go to Options/Plugins my stick does not show up as an option as a place to install plugins from. Console and Previous Installs are the only options there, and yes, I was in Config mode.

This is a stick I've been using for years so I don't think it's the stick and since other options are available I don't think it's the USB port.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Avid

Hi Void,

The first thing to check is that the folder structure on the USB key hasn't changed.

There should be a root-level "TDM Plug-Ins" folder, within which are individual folders for each plug-in. Check that there aren't any duplicate folders at the root level, or that there aren't nested "TDM Plug-Ins" folders (which can happen when unzipping an archive with the same name as the folder that's been archived, for example).

Sheldon
Old 08-03-2012, 02:13 PM

Sheldon,

Thanks, I'll check that. So the Waves installer should also be in the TDM Plugins folder then?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Avid

Yes. Anything that is installed via the Options>Plug-Ins window needs to be in the TDM Plug-Ins folder.

Sheldon
Old 08-05-2012, 09:01 AM

You need a USB drive with more power. I suggest this one:

http://www.ecost.com/p/7229856?sourc...AID=1286520858

If that doesn't work, you need a different super hero....