Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-26-2002, 12:50 AM

Default Going From PTLE to a TDM System

This question is addressed to all of you who take your LE sessions to a TDM system for further mixing and mastering. If while working on LE I bounce all my tracks to say for example four or six tracks containing a total of thirty or fourty tracks, can I then save the original files so that when I go to the TDM I can open all the original files and load them one by one in each of the TDM tracks? And more importantly, will each of the tracks contain all my important mix and effects automation??? I'm interested in buying PTLE but my real need is to be able to accomplish what I just described. Your help is greatly appreciated, Thanks [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Going From PTLE to a TDM System

Yes you can open them all up, but I'm not too sure about the automation, etc... Anyone else?

My guess would be that it wouldn't save the automation since that info is saved in the session file, and not within the audio itself.

Hope that helps a little,

Mat [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Mackie Control Universal Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Intel MB P35 Express Chipset 1333Mhz FSB
Memory: 32GB DDR3-800
Old 06-26-2002, 04:07 AM

Thanks Mato for the info. Now does anyone know about the automation??? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 04:17 AM

Hi

If all your bounces are a result of a separate session ( i. e if you first record backing on 32 tracks, bounce these down to two tracks, and then import these two into a new session for additional overdubs) then yes all of your automation can be recalled in a TDM session.

The way to do it is that you do a "save session copy in" of all the sessions, then on the TDM system, you simply choose "import tracks" and import all the tracks from all the relevant sessions.

By using the "import tracks" function you will preserve all automation and plug-in settings.

All the best and hope this helps!