Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2010, 08:51 PM

Exclamation Screen Problem with brand new profile

We have just taken delivery of two full profile rigs and the screen output of one is not well. It's yellowy where it should be white! I have changed VGA cables several times and it worked initally, but has no effect now. I then used our other desk with the same FOH, Stage, link cable and monitor and it was fine. The head of video here and myself are farily certain it may be a loose connection somewhere inside the desk, I just wondered if anyone has had the same problem and could offer a solution please.

Cheers guys

JC
Old 12-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Avid

Default Re: Screen Problem with brand new profile

JC,

There is probably a color channel getting lost in between the FOH Rack and the monitor. Can you try swapping just the FOH Link cable between the 2 systems to see if the problem follows the cable? It is possible that a pin has been damaged, or perhaps there is a manufacturing issue.

If it's not the cable, then it must be an internal component of the FOH Rack or Profile. Let us know the results of your troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 12-19-2010, 11:27 PM

Hi Rich, thanks for the speedy reply. I have already tried to repeat the problem with a different link cable. I have also swapped my other desk into the same set up as before and it fixed the problem. This leads me to believe it is an internal issue within the console. I have just had two guys from our local resellers out here to look at it and they seem to agree. fingers crossed a new internal cable and maybe a new card will sort it out.

Cheers matey

JC
Old 12-20-2010, 05:39 PM

...because of this posting, I threw some extra VGA cables in my audio workbox today. Never know when those dinky pins might get bent...

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 12-24-2010, 12:28 PM

I have had pushed pins on the panel mounted connector at the local rack before. I believe the lower case "m,n, and o" are the colors for the VGA at the connector. Check the pins.