Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 PM

Default Thoughts from the first rehearsal on our new Venue system...

After months of asking questions on here, hours messing around with the offline software editor, and even more hours weighing pros/cons and planning every detail, we successfully moved from a Yamaha PM1D to a loaded D-Show Profile system over the past two days and tonight was the first rehearsal on the new system. In our room, 1 engineer mixes FOH/Monitors/and Broadcast, so you can imagine how crazy things can get.

For some photos of our install as it proceeded and thoughts about our frst listen tonight, check out my personal blog...

http://www.cordernotes.com/blog

In short, it was nothing short of amazing the improvement in clarity, tightness, and warmth just by swapping consoles. I'd been warned by others as we were considering this swap that I'd hear quite a difference, but I had no idea how significant it would be. I can't wait to spend a few hours tomorrow with the recording of rehearsal and really dial things in to see how much better it can get...

I'm drinking the Venue Kool Aid and loving every second of it! Thanks everybody for your help and advice the past few months!

Tim Corder
Audio Director
Kensington Community Church
Troy, MI
Old 08-13-2008, 08:56 AM

Congratulations, Tim!

Brad
Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Avid

Cool Tim!
Congrats man -- can't wait to chat with you sometime in the future about this --

Robert
Old 08-23-2008, 07:16 PM

Awesome! You must be experiencing the excitement that I felt about 5 months ago. That enthusiasm will linger for a long time, as the venue system is so flexible and endless that you will continue to learn to operate it more effectively, and you will think of new things to try all the time.

I seem to find new "venue specific" techniques constantly. Definitely the most fun I have ever had running FOH.