Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2008, 08:17 PM

Default Stereo linking mono plugins?

I recently bought myself URS's N12 EQ plugin which is mono only operator - something I didn't even consider until I had the plug up and running and tried to apply it to a stereo track.

Splitting a stereo track across two mono tracks is a piece of cake - but is there a way I can link two mono tracks (say, a L & R channel) identical in signal path so edits made to a plugin on one side will mirror/apply to the other? I'm trying to get a pseudo stereo N12 happening, as the plug sounds too good, and a mono only plug has too many limitations as far as where I can place it in the signal chain.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Stereo linking mono plugins?

You could group the tracks and then changes to the automation of one plug-in (in graphical mode) is mirrored in the other. However, I don't think it works for parameter changes made directly in the plug-in GUI.

Alternatively, copy and paste settings from one plug-in to the other. This is easier if you have both plug-in windows open simultaneously (by pressing the red target symbol).

Hop that helps.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 05-31-2008, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Stereo linking mono plugins?

After you get it sounding good on the first mono track, click 'auto' on the plug-in window, assign parameters you may wish to control, then you can option-drag a tweaked plug-in to the second track and it will retain the same edits, tweaks and parameter assignments. Then you can group the two tracks together so when you adjust parameters in one, (in the track edit parameter view, not the plug-in window) it affects the other in real-time. Or you can use a real-time controller assigned/linked to parameters of both plug-ins for on-the-fly edits.