Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 07-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Default D show enabler expiring

Hello,
Waves gave me a temporary D show enabler to hold me over until V9 came out. It expires tomorrow and we have our church services to do. What will happen? Will the plugins stop working? Should I plan to go in early to update everything to v9 right before a service? I would prefer not to and just get by if possible, but if the plugs don't work I'm going to have to.
Anyone know what will happen if the enabler expires?
Thanks,
Eric
Old 07-14-2012, 04:06 PM

Default Re: D show enabler expiring

If the enabler expires, it won't allow the plugins to work. Looks like you're up against a wall here, so I would probably go ahead and install v9 as soon as possible. I was a little hesitant to do that because I own the enabler and already have v8 authorized on my ilok which resides in the mix rack. I'd rather not find out there are issues with a certain plugin on the fly like that but it seems like you don't really have a choice.

Make sure you have a usb authorized with the v9 plugins and also make sure you have downloaded the Venue specific v9 files. Hopefully all will run smoothly.

If you can get someone at Waves today they may be able to authorize another week on the enabler. Otherwise, I think the enabler is like $35 and some online companies authorize the ilok immediately. Might be work the money to go that direction.

Edit: read this a little closer. If it expires tomorrow, that means it will work until 11:59pm if it is date specific. Check your authorization to make sure it isn't hour specific as well. And yes, your console will know if you change the date and time (at least i'm pretty sure about that).
Sacramento, CA
Old 07-14-2012, 05:35 PM

Thanks Brian, there is no time specified just the date. So I might be ok to get through tomorrow. The good news is, if I understand the site correctly, Waves support starts at 4 am. I believe I'll head in early tomorrow just to be safe.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:15 AM

V9 works just fine

i used it with rverb, sslcomp, cla2/3/1176 rcomp,req,raxx

no problems at all