Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2009, 01:04 PM

Default Plug in not accesible

Before doing a show in Vegas the other day I loaded my Waves Mercury bundle into the (rental) console which it seemed to take just fine as it appeared in the installed plug ins folder but when I came to institute a plug in they did not appear in the available plug in list. I tried uninstalling and re-installing but to no avail. I spoke to the live support line and on suggestion uninstalled another type of plug and then re-installed it and that worked fine but we could not get the Waves to show up.
My plugs and iLok worked fine just a couple of days earlier on another console so it's not that and no error messages appeared so if anyone has any idea why this would happen I'd love hear it, I have to go to Russia in a couple of days and really need the plugs to work. I'm assuming that it was just that one console but if this has happened to anyone else let me know what you found.
Cheers.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Avid

Default Re: Plug in not accesible

Hi,

During the installation did any warning messages appear that the plug-ins couldn't be authorized (it sounds like not...)? This is the only scenario I can think of in which the plug-in is shown in the list on the Options>Plug-Ins paged, but does not appear in the selection list when adding a plug-in to a rack slot.

A quick way to check this is to right-click on the installed plug-in (again on the Options>Plug-Ins page), choose "Disable', and then right-click again and choose "Enable". This forces a re-authorization of the plug-in, and if the iLok authorization fails for some reason you should see a warning dialog stating so.

Sheldon
Old 12-07-2009, 02:19 PM

Hi Sheldon.

No, no messages came up at all apart from the Agree dialog. I will try to disable/enable if the problem comes up again but unfortunately won't have access to a console until I get to St Petersburg on Thursday so wish me luck. If it happens again I assume it must be the iLok but no messages appeared when I tried and I would imagine that one would have.

I'll let you know what happens.
Cheers.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Avid

Thanks for the info. If your show file already has the plug-ins instantiated in rack slots it would be good to know if the normal warning icon (alert triangle) appeared in those rack slots, or if the plug-ins instantiated normally. This would help determine if it's an authorization issue (a warning appears), or if it's a menu display issue (existing plug-ins instantiate, but it's not possible to add new plug-ins from the menu list).

If a warning icon appears, moving the mouse over the affected plug-in displays in the lower left corner of the screen an error message describing the problem.

If it's the latter, a workaround would be to add the plug-ins to the rack ahead of time (on a working console, or even in the Standalone Software, using a show file transferred from a working console). Then, if the plug-ins auth but aren't available in the menu you could copy plug-ins from one rack slot to another (by dragging/dropping) as a means of expanding the plug-ins rack.

God luck in St. Petersburg. Get back in touch and let us know how it works out.

Sheldon
Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 PM

Yes, thats a good point, the show file doesn't contain the plug ins, I created the file in the standalone software without the ability to put them in so they were never there in the rack. I'll see what happens next but will try the transferring idea as well.

Cheers Sheldon, I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Is that you Mr. Wood?

BC
Old 12-16-2009, 03:44 AM

Why yes indeed it is, who be that?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:47 AM

Sad to say the trip to Russia ended up with PM5d's so until I get to another Venue the mystery will continue.
I shall still keep you posted.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:44 PM

Hi, you do have a waves d-show enabler license on your ilok?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:03 AM

Yes I do, I've been using the iLok in various consoles for most of the year including a Profile only 2 weeks prior to this one.