Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 03-09-2020, 10:38 AM

Default Can sign in to cloud, but no contact

Hi. I´m having trouble with collaborating in the cloud. I can sign in and start older projects. In the chat window all my contacts are there, but no chat history. A friend shared a project with me and i accepted, but no files to download. I have done the changes according to page 12 in PT 2019.12 releases.
Any advise from anyone?
Imac 21,5 late 2012, (upgraded 2018), i7 quad core 3,1 ghz 16 gb ram. Samsung Evo 850 SSD 1tb. Catalina 10.15.3, PT 2021.12, Waves Diamond ++. Native instruments komplete ultimate. Arturia Matrix 12v2. Mini V v3, Prophet v3, Air , Hammond B3x
etc...
Old 03-10-2020, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Can sign in to cloud, but no contact

Usually, signing out and signing back in will solve hitches like that. If not, try signing out, quitting PT, relaunching, and signing back in. Sometimes you might have to add restarting the computer into the middle of that sequence. However, it's also possible that your collaborator forgot to explicitly share each track with you.

Collaboration Cloud is the single most finicky and unstable cloud program I've ever used, by far. It will work with enough messing around, though. I use it almost weekly to remote record a particular voice talent. It's better than non-audio-specific cloud-based work arounds, but it's often frustrating.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 03-16-2020, 01:48 AM

I still have the same problem. I sign in and all my contacts are there, but i´m not able to send messages. I simply cant´t get contact with anyone. If i try i get the message "resend".
I have started a ticket, but no answer since last week.
I have tried everything, clean uninstall, and reinstall, turned off antivirus.
It´s annoying because just now i have several projects with collaborators going on.

Haakon
Imac 21,5 late 2012, (upgraded 2018), i7 quad core 3,1 ghz 16 gb ram. Samsung Evo 850 SSD 1tb. Catalina 10.15.3, PT 2021.12, Waves Diamond ++. Native instruments komplete ultimate. Arturia Matrix 12v2. Mini V v3, Prophet v3, Air , Hammond B3x
etc...
Old 02-21-2021, 10:18 AM

I also have a similar issue, Im logged in to my Master Account, and can start projects, But I cannot share or even connect with others to collaborate, My artists and clients all need me to be able to use this, but I cant get connected, I search for talent also, and get usually get no results which is strange considering< my colleague at our facility in 2 different rooms also is having the same problem, we are both on the same version, our individual accounts are linked to our master accounts respectively, but search, Chat, and the other project features yield no results, even to each other regardless, I have signed out and in numerous times, restarted pT deleted and created numerous projects, can someone give me an indication of what's possibly the problem

MACBOOK PRO I-9 1TB SSD 32 GB RAM, PRO TOOLS 2018, STUDIO B

MAC G5 YOSEMITE, AVIDS 192'S WITH PRO TOOLS 10 STUDIO C

MAC PRO 12 CORE 64 GB RAM 2TB SSD PRO TOOLS ULTIMATE STUDIO D
Old 03-18-2021, 07:47 AM

Hi Studiorat67 -

I am having the same issue. I started a case with Avid, and they have engineering "working on it." Issue not resolved at this point. I read in the forums about another user who had the same issue. After much delay, Avid finally “re-set” their cloud account, and the issue was resolved. This caused them to lose everything in the cloud stored under their previous account – but they were happy to be back up and running on Cloud Collaboration. Here are my recent notes to Avid for reference on my situation:

Entered on: 3/16/2021 9:03 PM Entered by: Customer

Hello Avid/Jim,

I successfully installed Pro Tools on a 2nd computer – but I am having the same issue on the 2nd computer. I can log in to my Avid account in Pro Tools – but I cannot connect/sign on to the Pro Tools collaboration cloud.

I do not think that the issue is with my Mac, or with my 2nd computer (a windows-based laptop). I also don’t see how the issue can be caused by my network. I have tried connecting to the Pro Tools cloud on computers connected to my router via Ethernet cable, and also through wifi. Also, I have two wifi networks in my house with separate routers (a comcast wifi, and a separate AT&T router/wifi network). I can connect to my Avid account through either router, and also via the ethernet which comes from my AT&T router. But no matter which router I use, or if use ethernet or wifi, I cannot sign on to Cloud Collaboration when I am signed on to my Avid account.

I have also disabled all virus protection and firewall software – and this did not change anything.

Most importantly, I was having NO ISSUES connecting to the Pro Tools Collaboration Cloud for seven months – up until one month ago. And I have changed nothing in my network. Same routers, same wifi, same computers. Nothing has changed in my setup – and I was having no issues signing on to the Pro Tools Collaboration Cloud until one month ago. The only change is that one month ago, I upgraded my Cloud Collaboration plan to 100 GB – and ever since that time, I have not been able to Sign On to the Collaboration Cloud.

Sincerely,

James Yerrill

Hi James,

We are currently experiencing intermittent Avid Cloud platform behavior today affecting both Cloud Collaboration and Avid Link. I will update you again once we can continue troubleshooting the issue.

Best Regards,

Jim
Avid Customer Care | Audio Post & Pro
Old 03-19-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesyerrill View Post
Hi Studiorat67 -

I am having the same issue. I started a case with Avid, and they have engineering "working on it." Issue not resolved at this point. I read in the forums about another user who had the same issue. After much delay, Avid finally “re-set” their cloud account, and the issue was resolved. This caused them to lose everything in the cloud stored under their previous account – but they were happy to be back up and running on Cloud Collaboration. Here are my recent notes to Avid for reference on my situation:

Entered on: 3/16/2021 9:03 PM Entered by: Customer

Hello Avid/Jim,

I successfully installed Pro Tools on a 2nd computer – but I am having the same issue on the 2nd computer. I can log in to my Avid account in Pro Tools – but I cannot connect/sign on to the Pro Tools collaboration cloud.

I do not think that the issue is with my Mac, or with my 2nd computer (a windows-based laptop). I also don’t see how the issue can be caused by my network. I have tried connecting to the Pro Tools cloud on computers connected to my router via Ethernet cable, and also through wifi. Also, I have two wifi networks in my house with separate routers (a comcast wifi, and a separate AT&T router/wifi network). I can connect to my Avid account through either router, and also via the ethernet which comes from my AT&T router. But no matter which router I use, or if use ethernet or wifi, I cannot sign on to Cloud Collaboration when I am signed on to my Avid account.

I have also disabled all virus protection and firewall software – and this did not change anything.

Most importantly, I was having NO ISSUES connecting to the Pro Tools Collaboration Cloud for seven months – up until one month ago. And I have changed nothing in my network. Same routers, same wifi, same computers. Nothing has changed in my setup – and I was having no issues signing on to the Pro Tools Collaboration Cloud until one month ago. The only change is that one month ago, I upgraded my Cloud Collaboration plan to 100 GB – and ever since that time, I have not been able to Sign On to the Collaboration Cloud.

Sincerely,

James Yerrill

Hi James,

We are currently experiencing intermittent Avid Cloud platform behavior today affecting both Cloud Collaboration and Avid Link. I will update you again once we can continue troubleshooting the issue.

Best Regards,

Jim
Avid Customer Care | Audio Post & Pro
Please keep this thread updated if you hear back from Avid about this. I'm also having cloud collab problems but when I tried to ask Avid support if there was currently cloud collab issues I was told to buy a support ticket if I wanted an answer lol.
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
Old 03-22-2021, 06:19 PM

Hello colliderman -

I sucked it up and paid $39.99 for a support ticket, but no luck as of yet. It's been 5 days now since last contact with Avid, and my ticket is listed in the "Discovery" stage.

One weird thing about this case, the Avid tech support guy (Jimi E) was able to use my log in info to connect to the Avid cloud on his end - he was able to see my contacts and other info that sits in the cloud. But I can't connect to the cloud from my end (despite using two different computers, and two different ISP's - AT&T and comcast), wifi as well as ethernet connections.

I'll keep you posted - I'm kind of determined to get this resolved. It was working fine for six months, and then when I upgraded my account to 100 GB - bang! no more ability to connect to the Pro Tools Collab Cloud!

James
macOS Mojave / Version 10.14.6
Pro Tools 2020.12.0
GLYPH Studio External Hard Drive - 6TB
Connected directly to Mac mini via USB 3.0