Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 PM

Default Loopback Test Failed

Hi All,

I'm having some issues with Digitest...

I've got in my setup:

-HD MADI (two digilink cables going to port1 and port2 of "0 - HDX Core")
-Three 192's (#1 = primary to port1, #2 = expanded off of #1, #3 = primary to port2 of "1 - HDX Core")

I can't seem to get one card to pass the "Peripheral Loopback Test Connector" stage.

I've swapped my cables to switch my MADI box going into the second card, and the 192's going into the first card and I get the same result. Obviously whichever HDX Card has the series of 192's going into it isn't too happy.

I'm not quite sure what the deal is but boy is this frustrating. I'm not sure what else to try but I've swapped Word Clock cables, loop sync cables, and most of the usual tests. I've made sure that the clock is sourced appropriately, and the loop sync cables are all working to create one giant loop.

I seem to have stumbled upon a very stupid error on my part but for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. PT HD10 sees all of my interfaces, it recognizes both HDX cards, but for some reason Digitest isn't happy with the 192's.

Could someone please provide some insight or some other tests?! I'm very frustrated and I know I'm doing something silly, but everything seems to make sense to me.

Thanks so much guys!!!