Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Re: My new system isn\'t working with my 001

Have you tried to old trick of pulling all the other PCI cards out except the Digi 001 card, reseting the CMOS, going into BIOS and unchecking "let OS assign IRQ's" or something like that.

Reboot the machine, let the Motherboard assign the IRQ's and see it the machine will boot into XP at that point?

If it does go back into BIOS set the flag back to "let OS assign IRQ's" and see if the problem either crops up again or stays gone. if it stays gone add you remaining cards back in one at a time and see if its a card to card conflict. Reseting the machine to assign the IRQ's by the motherboard was a way of letting a card that was a IRQ hog pick its own IRQ back in the day. It may help, It may not.....

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-29-2006, 12:37 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you sure you're using one of the 2 standard PCI slots and not the PCI express slots?
Old 11-29-2006, 01:24 PM

First, before he does anything else:

Upgrade/update to 6.4 and cs6 and cs9 and the latest PACE drivers AND turn off one core to run 6x since ONLY 7x will take advantage of or run PT LE on multiple cores.

Once he's done the above and if he's still having problems, then he should come back and try some of the other suggestions.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 11-29-2006, 04:29 PM

Weed... he says "xp refuses to start until I take out the PCI card". At this point, software version seems a moot point.
It appears, at least on the surface, he either has the card in a PCI express slot, or he has a faulty card.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:46 PM

My bad. I saw 001 and AMD X2 and didn't look any further. That combination is trouble all by itself.

I believe his board has 2 PCI slots. If he's not using one of those, then, yes he's never going to get it to work. That said, once he finds a PCI slot, he should then follow my advice.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Weed... he says "xp refuses to start until I take out the PCI card". At this point, software version seems a moot point.
It appears, at least on the surface, he either has the card in a PCI express slot, or he has a faulty card.
nay.

the card works fine in both my other xp pro sp2 computers. And im very shure the card isnt in a PCI-E slot... i dont even think it would fit, though i could be mistaken.

When i go into device manager it finds the card just find in PCI bus 1. However, its labeled as "multimedia controller" rather than "Digidesign digi 001' which is what i believe it says for my other two computers.

I just cant get the driver to install, even manually without the computer locking up.

When it locks up all i can do it is restart too. No cntrlaltdel, or anything.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:51 AM

What version of Pro tools are you trying to install?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:21 PM