Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 09:53 AM

Default New Waves stuff

Are everybody ok with the fact that Waves only sells their new stuff as a part of their "Mercury bundle"? I myself am very pissed about their newest policy; as if their "update program" wasn't enough. This is too much! I consider myself an ex customer.

They have released interesting stuff, but I won't buy it if I have to buy useless stuff first. Am I alone with my feelings?
Old 11-19-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: New Waves stuff

I've still got the RenMaxx bundle I bought 8 years ago and I did cave in and buy the SSL bundle (the E Channel is awesome) but that's it. No more. I don't care how good it sounds. And I'm sure the V stuff come unbundled at some point.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:23 PM

Typical Waves ...

O V E R P R I C E D!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:40 AM

This is very disappointing to me as well. I'm surprised that there is no upgrade path, especially with the price being so high for the Merc bundle. A big marketing mistake in my estimation, losing sales to many of us who already have a lot of their plugs already. I would guess that after the first of the year, the'll offer an upgrade, but for now, this is their strategy to max out on revenue. Typical.
Mac Mini (2019)
3.2 Ghz - 6 Core i7
Mojave with 64 GB RAM
PT Ultimate (2019.10)
Motu 16a
C/24 Control Surface
Old 11-20-2006, 05:59 AM

I gradually got rid of my dependency on Waves with the help of some useful recommendations for replacements from DUC members. They are like a cable tv package now. You have to take 150 channels you don't want just to access the sports or movies.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:05 AM

I don't understand why you guys are complaining.

On their website it says:
The TDM version is only 12,500
The Native is only 7,500.

I haven't done the conversion from Israeli currency but in US dollars that is dirt cheap.
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 11-20-2006, 06:27 AM

Quote:
This is very disappointing to me as well. I'm surprised that there is no upgrade path, especially with the price being so high for the Merc bundle. A big marketing mistake in my estimation, losing sales to many of us who already have a lot of their plugs already. I would guess that after the first of the year, the'll offer an upgrade, but for now, this is their strategy to max out on revenue. Typical.
Mercury was only released on Friday, you can be assured that there will be upgrade pricing soon. Be patient. As for the passing on the new plugs, it is too bad you feel that way as these are easily some of the best plugs Waves has released so far - I know, I've been using them for the past couple of months during the testing cycle.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:48 AM

Of course there's an upgrade path. Log into your account and choose what you're upgrading from and you'll get the price. For my Diamond TDM, it's about $4600.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 11-20-2006, 08:47 AM

Quote:
For my Diamond TDM, it's about $4600.
The street price of that update is "only" $3000.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Mercury was only released on Friday, you can be assured that there will be upgrade pricing soon. Be patient. As for the passing on the new plugs, it is too bad you feel that way as these are easily some of the best plugs Waves has released so far - I know, I've been using them for the past couple of months during the testing cycle.
Since you are a beta tester, what happened to this ?

The L-Series, including the new L316 16-band Multimaximizer™