Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 04-21-2022, 02:47 PM

Default Really ?

134 days since Pro tools last release - the longest release version for the last 12 years. 700+ days since the first Apple Silcon Machine was sold.
Pro tools in ONLY major DAW not silicon compatible - yes it works with Rosetta - if you don't mind several crashed per day no not related to plug-ins paying thousands per year for upgrade plans - you need to compensate your paying customers.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Really ?

I guess I'm just glad my M1 isn't crashing several times a day.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 04-21-2022, 02:56 PM

Yes and !@#$% Russia invaded Ukraine where significant of Pro Tools engineering resources are based. But don't let that stop you complaining about stuff. And stuff largely works pretty well under Rosetta...
Old 04-21-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Russia invaded Ukraine where significant of Pro Tools engineering resources are based
I've heard other posters mention this too. However, I find it extremely odd that AVID haven't come out with some kind of official statement on the crisis (and how it's affecting productivity) if this is indeed the case.

It's poor customer relations at best.
Old 04-21-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
"if this is indeed the case" what type of self-centered selfish numbskull are you?
Chill out there keyboard warrior. "Indeed the case" meaning, it's puzzling AVID haven't directly confirmed the above. A simple "official statement" would be easy enough, I imagine?

Or is that too self-centred of me?
Old 04-21-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reml@P View Post
Chill out there keyboard warrior. "Indeed the case" meaning, it's puzzling AVID haven't directly confirmed the above. A simple "official statement" would be easy enough, I imagine?

Or is that too self-centred of me?
The AVID apologists instantly jumped on this one. Didn't take long. Must own stock. If AVID was affected, they should say it. It is called C U S T O M E R S E R V I C E. By the way, I am an IBM certified customer service expert and have a long professional history and resume, of fixing problematic customer service issues. Pro Tools is great but AVID's customer service is on a much lower tier than should be tolerated. I will gladly help them fix this issue, but I charge fair wages and I can't promise that my suggestions won't lower profitability.

AVID would experience nothing but increased support if they only came out and said operations have been affected "due to geo political issues" and then to call for the support of Ukraine. That is the LEAST they could do. Anyway, in the absence data indicating that AVID development was affected, ->none<- of us can make an assumption either way. Defending AVID only justifies their silence, and attacking those who are unhappy only makes this place more toxic.

Last edited by gnjlee; 04-21-2022 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnjlee View Post
If AVID was affected, they should say it. It is called C U S T O M E R S E R V I C E.
Couldn't agree more. A simple "offical statement" from AVID would clear things up in no time. That they haven't said anything is odd, to say the least.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reml@P View Post
Couldn't agree more. A simple "offical statement" from AVID would clear things up in no time. That they haven't said anything is odd, to say the least.
My cynical side says to admit that they are affected, would be an implicit admission that they are not able to meet their commitments in a timely manner resulting in having to give concessions, which would affect profits. And that, is their worst case scenario.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:15 PM

When was the last time Avid communicated anything about schedules for Pro Tools? There is nothing unusual about them being silent on stuff like this. It should be no surprise to anybody who uses Pro Tools. I'm not defending that, but that is just how Avid operates.

If you think I'm an Avid apologist you must be new here.

Relax, you are not suffering a lot from not knowing stuff now. And again if you have no idea at all about Avid and the Ukraine and Global Logic you can Google about that and find out more.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
When was the last time Avid communicated anything about schedules for Pro Tools? There is nothing unusual about them being silent on stuff like this. It should be no surprise to anybody who uses Pro Tools. I'm not defending that, but that is just how Avid operates.

If you think I'm an Avid apologist you must be new here.

Relax, you are not suffering a lot from not knowing stuff now. And again if you have no idea at all about Avid and the Ukraine and Global Logic you can Google about that and find out more.
Whatever.