Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2021, 04:11 PM

Default Opening project in regular PT after the Ultimate Trial is up

I'm about to switch over from the Ultimate trial to the regular PT that I bought. I didn't authorize regular yet on my iLok...the iLok and I are still running Ultimate which is about to expire.

I did do a couple test projects that I want to keep working on in Standard, without using any special Ultimate-only features.

Just want to make sure it should open in Regular version, or do I need to do anything special before authorizing it on my iLok (where it will then supersede Ultimate)? I just don't want to lose what I was working on.

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Opening project in regular PT after the Ultimate Trial is up

It will open without problem (and without multichannel busses, multi video clips etc.)
Old 03-18-2021, 06:31 PM

Thank you! I wasn’t sure if I should render things out just in case it no longer loaded.

Do I need to actually install PT again to replace the Trial install, (this time from my account downloads), or will the Ultimate trial which is already installed revert to Regular once it sees the authorization on my ilok?
Old 03-18-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmuse View Post
Thank you! I wasn’t sure if I should render things out just in case it no longer loaded.

Do I need to actually install PT again to replace the Trial install, (this time from my account downloads), or will the Ultimate trial which is already installed revert to Regular once it sees the authorization on my ilok?
No you just update to the new license on your iLok. The software installs on disk are the same. Do *not* change anything there.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmuse View Post

There is no separate paid or trial PT app. There is not even a different Pro Tool standard and Pro Tools | Ultimate app. You technically always install the Pro Tools | Ultimate app, and the license on your iLok tells the app to give you access to all features or cripple the app and hide some features because you didn't pay Avid enough money.
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/