Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 PM

Default Screen not showing current state of D-Show

I recently ran into a problem with PQ assignments. I had a series of snapshots for a program already created. I decided to add a stereo matrix mix for video, using a PQ mix. I added the PQ mix to the snapshots and verified that they were there, by stepping through the snapshots (here's where the problem arose) while viewing the PQ page. Everything looked ok, but when I double checked the PQ assignments starting on the snapshot page, then viewing the PQ page, the assignments were gone. My assumption was that I didn't add the PQ assignments to all of the snapshots, my bad. But, what I found was that I could make them appear and disappear, depending on how I viewed the PQ page. If I recalled a snapshot while on another page, I could go to the PQ page and that assignment showed me the actual state of the board. If I stayed on the PQ page while changing snapshots, it would sometimes show an inaccurate state of the board. I was able to repeat the error several times. Has anyone experienced this behavior?

I'm running 2.8.5 on a 96 channel D-Show with three mix cards, (got a fourth on the way). I installed it about a month ago, so the only plugs I have installed are the ones that came with it. The FOH rack has and extra snake card, an Ethernet card, and two HDX cards.

Thanks for the input!

Lee
Old 07-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Avid

Default Re: Screen not showing current state of D-Show

Hi Lee,

We spent some time trying to reproduce this but weren't able to. If you have a show file we could use to reproduce the problem please send it to venuesupport(at)avid.com and reference this DUC post, along with as much detail as you can (any particular PQ mix, channels, within the PQ mix, snapshots, etc.).

Also, just to confirm: do you mean the console software screen appears to be out of synch (not refreshing), or the scribble strips on the console itself?

One last thing:
Quote:
My assumption was that I didn't add the PQ assignments to all of the snapshots, my bad
In order to add the new PQ assignments to each snapshot, you would have had to recall each snapshot, make the change, then re-store the snapshot and scope PQ. Can you confirm this was done? Simply adding PQ to the scope of each snapshot would recall the PQ assignments in place at the time the snapshot was originally stored.

Thanks!

Sheldon
Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Screen not showing current state of D-Show

Thanks Sheldon!

Quote:
Also, just to confirm: do you mean the console software screen appears to be out of synch (not refreshing), or the scribble strips on the console itself?
Yes, that's what appeared to be happening. The screen seemed to not be refreshing.

Quote:
In order to add the new PQ assignments to each snapshot, you would have had to recall each snapshot, make the change, then re-store the snapshot and scope PQ. Can you confirm this was done? Simply adding PQ to the scope of each snapshot would recall the PQ assignments in place at the time the snapshot was originally stored.
I was making PQ assignments to each snapshot and the storing them (using the snapshot navigation on the ACS), while viewing the PQ page. I wasn't storing via the snapshot page.

Thanks.