Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-05-2003, 09:05 AM

Default Managing plugins

When I bought my 002, it came with a Waves Rennisance bundle which I subsequently upgraded to Waves Gold and then Waves Platinum. Now, when I use inserts, I'm presented with a long list of RTAS plugins, some of which appear to be duplicated. They are not sorted, so trying to find, say Sampletank, in that long list can be a chore.

Does PTLE have a "favorites" folder where I can put the plugins I use all the time? Or, (and I vaguely remember stumbling accross one) is there a third party pluging manager that would allow me to group my pluging by function?

I never thought I'd have a "too many plugs problem"!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Managing plugins

Go to your Plug ins folder, and rename the ones you use the most with a space in front of the name. That puts them at the top of the list. For duplicate plugs, simply remove them from the plugins folder. That's a start.....
Old 10-05-2003, 02:08 PM

Great idea. Thanks! But for the life of me, I can't recall where I saw some third-party program that, for example, lets you set up an EQ folder for your most used EQ plugs, MIXER for those, etc. Maybe it was just wishful thinking?
Old 10-05-2003, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Great idea. Thanks! But for the life of me, I can't recall where I saw some third-party program that, for example, lets you set up an EQ folder for your most used EQ plugs, MIXER for those, etc. Maybe it was just wishful thinking?
Its called fauxlder, and its a free download from Trillilum Lane Labs - try it - its got some quirks, but is better than that looooooong list...

Trilium Lane Labs
Old 10-05-2003, 05:15 PM

Yess! That's where I saw it. I was looking at TL's new products and saw it some days ago but lost track of where it was.

Thanks, I'll try it and also get rid of dupes I have on the list. I think what happened was that being unfamiliar with the way Waves distributes software, I installed the disk that came with the Gold bundle, upgraded and authorised it, then did the same with the disk that came in the Platinum bundle box. I didn't realize till later that those CD's contained ALL of Wave's plugs and I didn't need to install them twice.

Would have been nice if they explained that somewhere in the install instructions

Thanks folks for all the help!
Old 10-08-2003, 03:02 PM

I also created a "Plug-Ins (disabled)" folder in my DAE folder, I put the plugs I don't use in there so they don't load, but I know where they are if I need 'em.