Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2002, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Sony Plug-in bundle

Are they ever coming out with an rtas version of the sony plugs??? god damn!
T H E L I L Y W H I T E
C A B E Z A D E V A C A
Old 12-28-2002, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joseph Grimm:
Are they ever coming out with an rtas version of the sony plugs??? god damn!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They have RTAS versions included - at least the EQ bundle does - they just don't want anyone to know about it. They may do an RTAS only version down the road.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:21 AM

I have the full set (Eq, Dymanics, Inflator) and there are RTAS-versions included with all of them.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:02 AM

Hey ca4,

What did all 3 plug-ins cost you?

I would still like to know if there are any places that sell these plug-ins for a really good price. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-13-2003, 03:45 AM

Daniel,

The Osford almost HAS to use Fir filters. Iir filters are used for phase-linear eq's, such as the Waves, and introduced a lot of delay. the sony has such a small delay that I would assume it's finite. also, if this eq were phase-coherent, I think sony would have mentioned it. -but I don't know for sure.

Regardless, there are plenty of great-sounding analog eq's that are also not phase-coherent.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Daniel,
The Osford almost HAS to use Fir filters. Iir filters are used for phase-linear eq's, such as the Waves, and introduced a lot of delay. the sony has such a small delay that I would assume it's finite. also, if this eq were phase-coherent, I think sony would have mentioned it. -but I don't know for sure.
Regardless, there are plenty of great-sounding analog eq's that are also not phase-coherent.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know what you mean, but just for clarification, it is the other way around. FIR filters (finite impulseresponse) are the one that are used for phase linearity, and they produce alot of latency. Thats because they have no feedbackloops in their delays, and because of that they need many many single delays in order to do effective filtering. The more single delays used the larger the latency. But if you give in a single sample of something which goes through the algorhitm it will pass all those delays and then there is no Signal anymore present (FINITE impulse). The IIR Filters have Feedback on their delays. So it is possible to have far less delays , and due to the feedback it can be also effective. These filters have typically far less latency. If you feed in a single sample then theoretically it will have a infinite impulse response (IIR), meaning that theoretically it will last for ever, practically it will go down into the noisefloor very soon...

So what you meant was most likly that the Sony uses IIR Filtering which I agree. But still there are probalby IIR and FIR Elements in, but only the developper could tell you..

daniel