Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2003, 07:23 AM

Default Two possible case upgrades for the Allenstein system....

I ordered all of my computer parts today except the case and CDRW because I am still undecided on the case. I'd like to get a black one... or at least something with black or charcoal grey in it.

I searched through all the reasonably priced cases and I found these two that I like. The first one is made by Raidmax and the price is nice. It has two side fans, but if it gets too noisy I can just disable one of them. This one has sort of a Darth Vader look to it. New"]http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=N82E16 811156016]New Egg Raidmax case[/URL]

Then there's this one... It has a fan on top in addition to the side fan. I would think even if I disabled the top fan, this case would have good ventilation because hot air rises, and it can escape through the top hole. What do you think? Maxtop case
Old 02-14-2003, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Two possible case upgrades for the Allenstein system....

Quote:
Originally posted by Siberian:
I ordered all of my computer parts today except the case and CDRW because I am still undecided on the case. I'd like to get a black one... or at least something with black or charcoal grey in it.

I searched through all the reasonably priced cases and I found these two that I like. The first one is made by Raidmax and the price is nice. It has two side fans, but if it gets too noisy I can just disable one of them. This one has sort of a Darth Vader look to it. New"]http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=N82E16 811156016]New Egg Raidmax case[/URL]

Then there's this one... It has a fan on top in addition to the side fan. I would think even if I disabled the top fan, this case would have good ventilation because hot air rises, and it can escape through the top hole. What do you think? Maxtop case
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Those Maxtop cases are nice. I really like that black one though with the side window. I'd replace the 350W PSU unit with the Enermax. Or you could give it a try and if you run into instability issues or spont. reboots then replace it. Just not sure of the quality of it.
Allen

MAXTOP Black CSX147KBF-WIN Intel P4 Ready 7-bay ATX 350WPower Supply. Mid Tower PC CASE - RETAILFeatures Top and Side Fan with Iridescent window (see pic)
Specifications:
Dimensions: WxDxH 7.75x17x18.75
Drive Bays: 4x 5.25", 2x 3.5" 3x 3.5" (Hidden)
Power Supply: P4 350W
Old 02-14-2003, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Two possible case upgrades for the Allenstein system....

Oh yea... I already ordered the Enermax power supply so no matter what case I go with, I still plan to replace the power supply.