Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 10:40 AM

Default ProTools vs Opcode Studio Vision

I currently still use Studio Vision (SV) and I'm obviously looking to change since Opcode went out of business long ago.

There is one feature that SV has that I don't see in PT. With SV I can create several 'sequences' within a single project, each 'sequence' can consist of multiple MIDI, Audio, and Event tracks. I can then 'chain' the sequences seamlessly together and create a new sequence that is essentially the entire song.

The closest thing I could find in the PT manual was regions. Can a single region consist of multiple tracks? Or is there some other functionality that is similar the SV sequence functionality?

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2004, 12:36 PM

Default Re: ProTools vs Opcode Studio Vision

In pro tools, you'd create an edit group comprised of several tracks. Each track would have it's own region(s)...but if the tracks are part of an edit group, an edit or change on one essentially occurs on all of them. Unfortunately, there isn't any way that I know of to take a group of regions across several tracks and link them together to form some kind of "super-region" that would remain intact and could be dragged from the regions bin onto multiple tracks like that.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:00 PM

the poor man's way is to select across multiple tracks and copy/paste where you want.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:40 PM

And you can use memory locaters to keep the selections accross several tracks stored somewhere. Just select your selection, hit the enter-key on the numerical keyboard and make sure you've choses "selection". You can even name it.

Bastiaan