Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2014, 12:24 PM

Default Moving ProTools to a new Win 7 computer - Structure and Structure Free

I have a working ProTools 11.0.2 and the AIR Expansion pack which includes Structure 2 on Win 7 (64bit). I'm moving to a new computer. I did a fresh install of ProTools 11.0.2, I did a fresh integration of the AIR Expansion Pack (including Strike, Structure 2, etc) and the "free" AIR Creative Pack using the same downloads that I saved from earlier. I did a fresh internet authorization for each package. Even though I did fresh installs, all of the drive letters match from the old computer to the new computer. Having said that, I copied all of the ProTools PTX files and audio from the old to new computer.
Everything is fine with the exception of Structure 2. Not only do my sessions with MIDI sequence tracks using Structure 2 not work, but I can't seem to get any Structure 2 instrument to work.
When I associate an instrument to a plug-in, what ProTools on the old computer saw as "Structure" now is "Structure (Free)". Remember, everything is the same version from old to new from the OS to ProTools, to the AIR plug-ins.
When I try to pull up an instrument (which shows the same as on the old computer), ProTools cannot find the associated WAV file and the path shows a path that has no relation to my system including an I:\ Drive and a path with a persons username that has no bearing to me.
Like I said, this is a fresh install.

What I'm trying next is to use the Windows Uninstall to uninstall Structure and I'll reinstall it and hopefully it will be back working.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Any ideas? Thanks.