Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2008, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Leopard info

I know the feeling. It sucks to keep support a company that never rewards it customer not let them provide input to the product. Dam, even Microsoft have Beta releases. I hear nothing but complaints in regards to Digi and Leopard and thus far I have not seen one answer from Digidesign. I guess we don't matter as paying customers. I really with Apple would push the Logic Studio harder to give some stiff competition. I use both Logic and PT LE 7.4. A lot of the features are neck to neck. the only think protools does over logic is the elastic time but with Melodyne Uno who knows what can happen.

Digidesign you guys need to start paying attention to your customers and reply.

www.stratfordtownstudios.com
[email protected]
Old 04-05-2008, 07:42 AM

Read above. Digi has replied.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
How about a token gesture:

A Public Beta that is timed to an i-Lok demo (say 30 days) and to renew the demo.
To renew the demo period if a full release has not been released a full and detailed report must be submitted, per beta testing requirments.
beta would be cool, but only if it is stable enough to use. A beta with dropouts, crashes etc. will be more fun to use than waiting for the release.

At least not for me...

Apogee Duet 2
Macbook pro i5 2.5GHZ, 10GB
Old 04-06-2008, 05:21 AM

ctmusicman - Digi is pretty much the opposite of everything stated in your post. Most all the features in Pro Tools are built of the user request forms and from listening to the DUC and beta testers. They comment in the DUC nearly daily and do listen. Try searching for the admin post and you'll see thousands of comments. That's why I appreciate them, because they do indeed care about their customers. Try hanging around the Logic forums and see how it compares.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the response Dave.

This is the info we have been waiting for. It makes a huge difference to the 'catch 22' guys like myself, who bought new Mac gear running 10.5.2.

Understand you don't want to raise expectations but silence is your worst enemy. Regular reports are essential to keeping us onside.

Please keep us posted on progress.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:14 PM

What I would like to know is what OS version LE will be made for. As a lot of people, I'm on 10.5.2 right know, and when Digi says the Leopard ready version will run on 10.5.2 and not 10.5.3, I won't update as soon as Apple tells me to. I'm sure this much is clear right now?
Old 04-06-2008, 06:16 PM

All I am saying is that Digi need to wake up and smell the coffee. Charging customers form 48Tracks, OMF, MP3 Options is crazy when all other DAW on the market includes these feature for free. If you are correct how comes Digidesign have not made any head way in giving these features to customer. Don't you find it strange that computer are now faster and can handle increase track count but Digi limits track count. Come on man, 32 tracks for a DAW who does that. OMF not included who does that. Even if one upgrades to Production Toolkit for $495 it still does not include OMF. you will have to purchase OMF for $495 standalone or DV Toolkit for $1295. Why not make an LE Pro version of Protools 64 tracks, OMF and MP3 Export options and just charge $599 or whatever. Digi is only keeping the track count down because they are afraid to loose the HD market because Accel cards will not be needed on computer like the new Apple 8 Core.

How come one can run 64+ tracks in Logic, Cubase and Digital Performer without system crashes

I have a love/hate with digi for these reason. one more thing why don't they support Mackie control protocol?

When they respond to my above questions/concerns I will have faith that they listen to customers as I have been asking for these features a long time to be included.

[email protected]
Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Leopard info *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by DigiTechSupt

[email protected]
Old 04-06-2008, 07:08 PM

Well its already been said it won't run on 10.5.2 so you might as well upgrade to 10.5.3 when it comes out.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-06-2008, 11:51 PM

Back when OS 10.3 came out (that's right, Jaguar) I seem to recall it taking the better part of a year before Digidesign supported it. I was actually surprised when they supported 10.4 as quickly as they did. Given the trouble that Apple has had with 10.5, I'm not surprised that it's taking a long time for Digi to support it.

I've always tried to time my upgrades to fall in line with supported protools configurations. Sometimes that has meant buying something before I planned to use it, because the next version wasn't going to be compatible. More often it has meant staying with an older, but rock solid configuration. I was running PT 6.4 on my desktop until 6 months ago.

-chris
Pro Tools LE 7.4
Event 20/20bas
bottle of Johnnie Walker Black behind right monitor