Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2004, 04:18 AM

Default MIDI I/O -All cables remove for reset?

Hello.
I have one Digidesign MIDI I/O running with an HD3a, Mac MD Dual 1Ghz system.
About once a week it stops responding.
Reset on the front panel doesn't work nor does rescanning from the Mac AMS setup window. Pulling the power and USB cables then re-powering also does not work.
The only way to reset is to literally pull all inputs and outputs while the unit is off, turn it on the re-connect all inputs and outputs. Works fine for a few days then gets buggy again eventually within the week it stops communicating (In and Out) the remedy above then needs to be repeated.

Connected are: Mackie D8B, Roland 200 controller, Roland JX8P, Kurzweil 88, Kawai Midi acoustic grand.

PS The Digi web link for MIDI I/O 2.1 or 2.0.3 software installers is unavailable. (Tried both Safari and i.e. to access((forbidden, not enough permissions)))

(This system is 1 of 2. The other system is using 2- MOTU MTP-AV, USB & Serial-networked 2nd unit. All running fine in 6.4 and now in 6.7)

OS 10.3.4, PT's 6.4 CSx
Not sure of the MIDI I/O soft/firmware. (Bought this in July 2004)

Thank you.