Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 05-03-2021, 08:44 PM

Default Trouble Opening after Installing DiGiCo UB-MADI Driver

This is a really specific question, but I downloaded the DiGiCo UB MADI driver today and was using it with other software. However, when I launched PT later in the day, I was unable to open the Playback Engine to change the device (holding 'N' did nothing) and my only option was to quit the program.

Only after uninstalling the UB MADI driver was I able to open PT at all (opened with no issues). It's only a minor inconvenience to uninstall/reinstall the UB MADI driver every time I need to use it, but I was wondering if it's a known issue, and if there's a better solution?

I'm on Windows 10, on a Dell XPS 15, using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen, and running PT 2021.3 standard.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Trouble Opening after Installing DiGiCo UB-MADI Driver

See if there's a way to stop the driver from automatically starting with Windows and then start it manually when you need it and then manually disable it. Maybe in Device Manager or Services?
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction