Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Default Import Session Data Multi-Out VI Bug

I'm going to have to keep myself from writing this in ALL CAPS and !!!!

I'm so sick of the f%#$^#@% bugs.

So when I import a Kontakt or Battery 4 to a session already containing either it routes the input settings that were already selected to which ever one was first opened in the session. If you try and reselect the input it use to be it won't let you.

This mess has caused a session to crash over and over. I can't even open it now it just crashes. I tried importing the data to fresh session but of course ALL the inputs are F#%$ it even moved some of the midi.

I've never seen PT do this in the over 15 years I've used it.

Can someone confirm this please?
Old 05-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Import Session Data Multi-Out VI Bug

Yes. I've seen the same thing. Running 10.3.6, but it has been like this since at least 10.x. Not just limited to your VI's. I've seen it with Superior drummer, Addictive Drums, Omnisphere...big, big pain.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbobb View Post
Yes. I've seen the same thing. Running 10.3.6, but it has been like this since at least 10.x. Not just limited to your VI's. I've seen it with Superior drummer, Addictive Drums, Omnisphere...big, big pain.
Hmm… I used to do this in 10. This is causing a session to not open at all. After importing a Kontakt with one already in the session.

I imported them one at a time into a new session. The weirdest part, it won't let you select the original input.

I think I'm losing years off my life trying to do gymnastics around all these issues in 11 and get any work done.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:45 PM

So what are the alternatives? Workarounds. Load a Kontakt or Battery fresh load a saved multi then reset the inputs??? A lot of these I have tracks all set up with mix, plugins, send settings, VCAs, groups, etc.

Last edited by Intransit; 05-09-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbobb View Post
Okay Sir. You are correct. Tested. It does this in 10. But the reason I remember this working is that you can easily reselect the the inputs. 11 won't let you and it's causing crashes.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:01 PM

After testing in PT11 to clarify. It actually does carry over some of the inputs and tries to add a kontakt (1) (2) etc… but connects some to the first opened in the session. But it won't let you reselect the original and when you try to, it will randomly select some other buss / input, send the audio to another.

So it looks like they tried to make the inputs carry over during Import Data but it's royally botched. Big surprise.

I'd rather them show up greyed out and be able to reselect like in 10 then this mess.

Last edited by Intransit; 05-08-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:36 PM

This is absolute insanity. Just by importing a multi out VI with a bunch of tracks and routings. I'm using Kontakt 5 for my test. It crashes the session and you can't even reopen it. It crashes…

I tried setting all the inputs to no input and saving and closing thinking it might be a workaround and I could just reset the inputs but it still crashes when closing and you can't reopen.

When set the input to the Inst track to no input it removed whatever send I had on A of that track

This is ridiculous. How do I get this bug to them without paying $80 to tell them about it??? Come on AVID!!!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:22 PM

This happens in 11.1.2 on my clone as well. The only way around the crashes from this that I see tonight is importing all your tracks except the one with your Multi-out VI, set all the tracks to no input, save and close. Reopen, import the track with the VI then reset it all but you have to look at the other tracks with the same type of VI to make sure it didn't switch input of some of those tracks to the output of the imported VI… *Face. Palm.*

My. God. Avid.

After 11 there needs to be a sadder face then the purple face. The time I have lost.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:26 AM

I ran through this with another poster here when we tried Battery 4 and importing and can confirm that on import the routing gets mucked up but we never had an issue where we couldn't set the routing we wanted after the import.

It's not just Battery 4 or Kontakt but any multi-out vi. I have a monster track preset I use in PT10.3.9 when I want to use BFD2 and route it out to multiple aux and audio tracks with routings (I route the kit pieces, overheads, room mics, ambient to separate outs so I can mix it like a real drum kit) all setup. After I render all the stuff to audio in PT10 and save the session, quit PT10 and then open PT11 session and import the rendered BFD2 audio stuff (auxs and audio) and have to reset the routings.

QAPLA!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:11 AM

Well. Mine is crashing / won't let me reselect / selects a random bus, output etc when I try to reselect / removing sends from ALL tracks that were imported together and routed the the VI it was imported with. I tried selecting a different Audio Engine then HD Native, the SoundToys / NI Massive bug I found two nights ago that was cause tons of CPU errors is only When HD Native is selected.

The first shows the mess that it creates on import. In the second after I select No Input on the 4th and 5th over from the left it removed ALL my A sends. the send removal issue doesn't seem to effect Battery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzqf9grr1p..._ID_Before.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvshqigcqy..._SendsGone.png

I don't see how I could be the only one not able to reselect my inputs. This seems like an even bigger mess then just that since it's causing serious crashes.