Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 11-26-2013, 11:26 AM

Default Mono Send with Stereo Return via Insert

Hello,

I am interested to know if it is possible to have a mono send with stereo return via an insert (to maintain correct delay compensation). I have mono sends to an echo chamber and plate reverb and both have stereo returns. I use an aux channel now and I can use the insert with just one channel sending the program material using the stereo D/A. It's fine giving up one of the D/A to go nowhere, but then I need to watch the panning on the send of each track. It either needs to be all to one channel (L) or I need to remember not to use Follow Main Pan.

If I just use the send out to a mono I/O and the aux return with the stereo I/O the delay is unbearable and ever changing between sessions.

Just curious,

Schwab

www.schwabmusic.com
Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Mono Send with Stereo Return via Insert

It seems as I have solved the puzzle. I am able to send a mono bus (in the sends) to a stereo Aux. Simply typing out a post and thinking about it has solved it. The DUC has done it again.

Schwab

www.schwabmusic.com