Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 10-29-2021, 09:24 PM

Default Upgrading Eucon from 3.2 to 2021.10 with Artist Series

Hello!

Windows 10 Cubase user here. I have it on 2 computers in my home; an I7 Desktop and an I9 Laptop. My audio interfaces include a Focusrite Liquid 56 (Firewire), a Focusrite 2i2 (USB), and a UAD Twin (Thunderbolt).

I currently have two Artist Mix units and an Artist Control. The last time I updated Eucon and/or the firmware was back in 2017. After a long hiatus of non-music goofing off (I'm in IT), I'd like to take another shot at recording.

I figure that my old 3.2.1 version of Eucon for Windows probably should be upgraded here soon, particularly since I'm thinking of buying an Avid Dock around the holidays, followed by maybe an S3 purchase in 2022.

But I don't want to break anything I currently have, either; so I have a few questions.

• Can I upgrade to 2021.10 safely, and not break any functionality within the Avid Artist units I currently have?
  • Tentatively, I plan to buy the Dock and remove the Artist Control (or move it to a different computer), but I plan to leave the two Artist Mix units in place. Can anybody tell me if 2021.10 will support concurrent use of Avid Dock AND Artist Mix attached to one computer, possibly also with that Artist Control attached to a different computer on my network?
  • Also this year, I'm planning to buy a new M1 Max MacBook Pro with Logic. Do we know if Eucon 2021.10 works okay with the new crop of M1 Macs?

If possible, I really don't want to upgrade to 2021.10 only to have it break things. Those Artist Series controllers are very nice and I'd like to make 'em last as long as possible!

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may have for me!
I use Windows 10 on I7 and I9 Desktop & Laptop machines with Cubase, Ableton Live, a barn full of VST Instruments, and 40 acres of SSD and NAS storage, with 2 Artist Mix and a Control. I'm planning to add a new mule to my stable later in '21 or in '22: A MacBook Pro M1 Max with Logic!
Old 10-30-2021, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Upgrading Eucon from 3.2 to 2021.10 with Artist Series

If all is working then clone a backup before upgrading.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
If all is working then clone a backup before upgrading.
That's a great suggestion and of course I will do that. But if anybody on the forum knows the answer, then maybe I can plan better. As mentioned in my first post, I'm in IT. Everybody's different, but I hate night calls and weekend problems, so I plan EVERYTHING and I research even the smallest changes before committing them.

I also don't want to spend a thousand dollars on a Dock if everything's not going to play nicely together on the latest version. Does that make sense?

So can anybody help me with my questions?

Thanks!
I use Windows 10 on I7 and I9 Desktop & Laptop machines with Cubase, Ableton Live, a barn full of VST Instruments, and 40 acres of SSD and NAS storage, with 2 Artist Mix and a Control. I'm planning to add a new mule to my stable later in '21 or in '22: A MacBook Pro M1 Max with Logic!
Old 10-31-2021, 07:04 AM

Eucon 2021.10 and PT 2021.10 not working properly here on MBP M1 Max 64/2 using Monterey 12.0.1

Control Panel won't open and can't connect Eucon to my iPad with EuControl 2021.10.0 installed on iOS 14 even though the Eucon preferences on the Mac can see the iPad.

Dominic
Old 10-31-2021, 01:13 PM
Avid

Yes EUCON 21.10 will work fine with the Mix and Control., there have be hundreds of improvements since v3. Yes you can get a Dock to work with those Mixes.
We tested this with M1 Macs and Monterey but not yet M1 Pro. We will support them.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:14 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
Eucon 2021.10 and PT 2021.10 not working properly here on MBP M1 Max 64/2 using Monterey 12.0.1

Control Panel won't open and can't connect Eucon to my iPad with EuControl 2021.10.0 installed on iOS 14 even though the Eucon preferences on the Mac can see the iPad.

Dominic
Can you check that EuControl and MCClient are allowed in the Security/Accessibility settings ?
Old 10-31-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Can you check that EuControl and MCClient are allowed in the Security/Accessibility settings ?
Hi Eddie, yes, definitely gave both of those apps permissions in Accessibility.
It was a fresh install - I may have done something wrong but I ended up with the Eucon preferences panel hanging every time and Eucon itself in a loop, failing to launch. I deleted everything and haven’t tried again yet.

Dominic
Old 11-01-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes EUCON 21.10 will work fine with the Mix and Control., there have be hundreds of improvements since v3. Yes you can get a Dock to work with those Mixes.
We tested this with M1 Macs and Monterey but not yet M1 Pro. We will support them.
That's a huge relief, thank you!