Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2022, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Tablets running Eucon app not connecting with S1

Maybe this helps:

Neither Dante DVS nor Eucon support virtual interfaces (like a tagged VLAN on your physical EN adapter). Both need to be on a physical interface. You can put tagged VLANs on there but DVS or EC will just ignore them.

For this reason I am forced to run EC and Dante on the same network (and physical port) as my second EN needs to go elsewhere.

It works fine but there are only about 4-5 Dante devices on this network and all our tablets and S1s. It runs quite smoothly.

Last edited by Frank Kruse; 11-07-2022 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:30 AM
Avid

How is the DNS server running....On Windows, a separate box? If its on 192.168.1.5, has it installed a virtual network adapter in Windows?
Old 11-08-2022, 02:34 AM

Well that was the setup here as well, one network to rule them all haha! Currently dividing the whole network in separate VLANs as the office also used to be on the same one-big-network even including domotics. However, I never had any issues with either Eucon or Dante or anything else.

About the DNS server, it's a dedicated server to host that and a ton of other applications via Unraid as OS (Linux).

I still can't troubleshoot the issue of the tablets not connection out of nowhere.
Old 11-08-2022, 07:54 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by niviro View Post
About the DNS server, it's a dedicated server to host that and a ton of other applications via Unraid as OS (Linux).
Is this dedicated server on a separate Ethernet adapter or connected via the switch?
Old 11-15-2022, 04:34 AM

It's a dedicated DNS adapter which has a dedicated NIC connected to the network.

Funfact: i was redoing the network with adding different VLANs and they seemed to work for the full 10 minutes. Then they disconnected again which is still the case up till this date. I have no clue what to do now.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:14 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by niviro View Post
It's a dedicated DNS adapter which has a dedicated NIC connected to the network.

Funfact: i was redoing the network with adding different VLANs and they seemed to work for the full 10 minutes. Then they disconnected again which is still the case up till this date. I have no clue what to do now.
The Dedicated NIC...wheres is that and what's its IP ?