Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2004, 08:52 AM

Default DigiDesign 002 Drivers Won\'t Install!! Freezes!

DFI Ultra Infinity (w/latest BIOS revision)
1 GB of Corsair PC3200 RAM
Athlon XP 3200+
1 80GB WD
2 120GB Samsung SATAs

Alright, simple issue. On installing the driver for the board SPECIFICALLY... the system hangs (freezes completely). I have heard of issues with SATA comflicting with IEEE and wonder if that might be the issue and how I can resolve it while still using the two SATA drives I bought.

The system performs perfectly under all other conditions and tests. I also get no light on the digidesign 002 where 1349 should be lit. Windows XP can detect the board but upon installation it hangs completely...no movement and solved by hard shutdown.

Anyone else have trouble installing the drivers?

Old 06-24-2004, 09:00 AM

Default Re: DigiDesign 002 Drivers Won\'t Install!! Freezes

What Firewire interface are you using? Might be worth trying one of the approved cards from Adaptec or SiiG.

Old 06-24-2004, 09:04 AM

Default Re: DigiDesign 002 Drivers Won\'t Install!! Freezes

It's an onboard 1349 IEEE interface. I have noticed that it shares IRQ 11 (at startup) with the Video controller and the SATA RAID controller.

I wanted to avoid getting a PCI interface but if I am reduced to that, I will have to try it.

I want to know if there's a way to at least get the board to communicate with the computer. Windows XP detects it but the light does not come on the board. It should at least come on I think.

When I plug it in to the computer via IEEE 1349, I hear the three error beeps consistent with external device failure but this is no new news.

I disabled the SATA controller in the BIOS with no luck. Willing to hear any suggestions.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Re: DigiDesign 002 Drivers Won\'t Install!! Freezes!

Alright, this is getting rough.

I went out and bought a supported Adaptec Firewire Controller card and same issue. I have a strong feeling that my onboard firewire was working perfectly well.

Anyway, I still get a freeze whenever I install the driver and the 1349 light on the DigiDesign 002 does not light up.

HELP!!!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:30 PM

I just wanted to add that the extenal firewire hard drive I have is working perfectly.

The board is stuck in "Stand By" and I can only get it to go to "Stand Alone Mode".

Is there something I'm missing?
Old 06-28-2004, 01:27 PM

Did you disable the RAID? I'm afraid that's necessarry
Old 06-30-2004, 05:55 AM

OK, great news and TERRIBLE NEWS.

I tested the Digi 002 in another system and found it to work. It seems to have an issue with my motherboard maybe? CAN ANYONE POST THEIR EXACT BIOS settings that are CRUCIAL for this board to install?

ALSO, I managed to install the device drivers for the Digi 002 by disabling the device in device manager first but when I enable it, the system freezes. Could it be my nForce 2 chipset? I thought there should be no problem with it. I will fiddle with BIOS settings until I find something.

HELP!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 05:28 AM

Hey there Arach

I´ve been searching the answerbase ´cause of my problem with my pro tools. Finally I found one post that has the exact same describtions as my own problem...

I used to work with it on my old PC: P4 2.0 GHz running on XP HOME

I Bought a new PC: P4 3.4 GHz with two SATA RAID discs on an ABIT IC7 MAX3 MoBo. I´m now running on XP-Pro and I disabled all the networc devices in the device manager. I disabled hyperthreating and trembled with The DMA. Know it cant run with SATA and have disabled it as well. The primary IDE runs on DMA mode 5 in both fields and the secundary runs in DMA mode 2 in one of the fields only.

I Installed the program and it works fine and finds the hardware (though the IEEE led on the hardware is off) The problem is that everytime it tries to sign the driver the PC crashes. I´m out of possibilities and wanted to hear if you found out more about your problem???

I´m desperate and running on a deadline...

please help

Alex