Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-23-2008, 10:49 AM

Default Finally jumping in!!!

Alrighty folks...

after years of LE 'fun'...I've decided to jump into HD land!

Got my 96 i/o and will be grabbing HD1 soon...

is there anything I need to know when going from my 002R LE to HD1 installation? What do I uninstall? What steps do I take? etc?

I don't want to mess up my first HD install!

thanks a million!
rich

cheers,
rich
Old 08-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned

Default hello

hello,

i hope you enjoy your new stuff. i don't think there is too much that you have to do to get it to work, other than maybe read the manual to see what is different in tdm. a lot of it is very similar.

you might want to call digi and ask them, but i think there used to be a thing where you could not run le and tdm on the same system [they might have changed that, though]. so you may have to uninstall your le app.

somewhere in the documentation i think there are actual instructions for installing tdm on a computer that had le installed previously.

it won't catch fire it you do something wrong, and you can always do the install again, so you don't have to worry too much.

digilom
Old 08-23-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdolmat View Post
Alrighty folks...

is there anything I need to know when going from my 002R LE to HD1 installation? What do I uninstall? What steps do I take? etc?

thanks a million!
rich
Hi,

I seriously recommend using this app (carbon copy cloner) to clone your system drive to another hard drive partition! this way you will have everything backed-up and you can dip into your old setup at anytime etc, this will also keep a clone of your plugins and plugin settings!

Definitely recommend a complete fresh install of everything pro tools! just completely remove LE from your system drive (once you have cloned it!!!!) and install PT HD. also re-install install and at the same time check all your plugins are the latest up to date versions.

Any ilok authorized plugs won't change any disk authorized plugs might have to be re-authorized, maybe not if you keep the same system drive.

Make sure you have the right compatible version of the Mac OS for your version of PT.

Good luck and enjoy

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:56 PM

welcome HD/TDM ..

i also agree that you should have a completely fresh install ..

myself i have a computer that is clean of anything but pro tools and music / post related products ...

we do not see any of your system info in your signature ... so it would be hard to say what version of PTHD and your OS ...

i say start clean so it would be easier to track down any issues, if you have any at all ...

cheers

john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 08-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

Default no need to keep your curtains open on the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdolmat View Post
Alrighty folks...

thanks a million!
rich

hello,

oh yeah, you do not need to constantly list, advertise, or specify all of your equipment and operating systems in a signature for everyone on the internet to see. in general that is a bad idea. if digitechsupt needs that information to answer your questions they know how to ask.

digilom
Old 08-23-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digilogin View Post
hello,

oh yeah, you do not need to constantly list, advertise, or specify all of your equipment and operating systems in a signature for everyone on the internet to see. in general that is a bad idea. if digitechsupt needs that information to answer your questions they know how to ask.

digilom
Just curious, why is it a bad idea? Seems like having it in ones signature gives the replier more info, and does not necessitate retyping or pasting. Have there been issues? Granted, it sometimes spawns a little envy but may help direct a person to another individual with a similar system.
Spoken by one who has never listed his gear......
Any instances of cyber 192 theft? SB
Old 08-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

Default hello, hello, is this thing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyBass View Post
Just curious, why is it a bad idea? Seems like having it in ones signature gives the replier more info, and does not necessitate retyping or pasting. Have there been issues? Granted, it sometimes spawns a little envy but may help direct a person to another individual with a similar system.
Spoken by one who has never listed his gear......
Any instances of cyber 192 theft? SB

hello,

not telling anyone what to do. but, think about it. you are putting a lot of information out there, with abso-***ing-lutely no idea who is reading it. why? are there not some crafty people on the internet? is this not my beautiful wife. is this not my beautiful house? what are you looking at?

digilom
Old 08-23-2008, 05:10 PM

gentleman and ladies ... you are looking at someone that has been posting over at gearslutz under the name "userofgear" ... look him up when gearslutz comes back online ... he does not have a public profile there either ...

seems to have alot of knowledge and many opinions to share / or give ...

i mean no harm to anyone here including digilogin / userofgear but i feel compelled to share this info with all of you ...

btw: this is the guy that posted a private message i sent him at gearslutz ... so watch your backs ...

have a great weekend ...

cheers

john

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 08-23-2008, 11:17 PM

John, are you saying that "Digilogin" is "userofgear" at gearslutz?

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 08-23-2008, 11:47 PM

barry,

yes sir i am saying that digilogin is userofgear ... only one here that made the reference to order of the LnyX ... and has that same lovely attitude ...

first time i have been called a nutcase by anyone on an audio forum ... as he did to me on another thread earlier ...

take a look at page 7 of this thread .. http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...=226434&page=7 near the bottom ...

john

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro

Last edited by john1192; 08-23-2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: adding thread reference