Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 AM

Default midi interface USB for Laptop what works?

I have a problem with my Mackie Control and XT (extender) I have an m audio 2x2 connected to my laptop. I am getting crashes in protools with the MCU hooked up. I recently noticed that I get a "ran out of token" errors. This lead me to a bit of info mainly suggesting that the m audio interfaces don't work well with the mackie and protools. One suggestion was to use a joystick port midi interface but that won't work with my laptop. I have tried the token.txt fix and even the m-audio midifix to no avail. Other than this my system is performing well, if I use the mackie MCU connected to the Digi002 midi in I have no trouble.

The question is....who has an 002 with a mackie MCU and an extender connected to a usb port and has it working. If you have an M audio 2x2 what did you do to make it work or if you have something else what is it?

Thanks!
Dave
Old 11-23-2005, 06:13 AM

Default midi interface for laptop suggestion

Bump

I know I am not the only one that has had this problem....
Old 11-23-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: midi interface for laptop suggestion

i dont have an MCU but i have read other having similar problems. have you done a search?
get an edirol interface it should solve your problem
Old 11-23-2005, 06:34 AM

Thanks for the response. I have searched and found discussions on the web and here in the DUC about similiar probs but no one has mentioned what interface works. I don't want to keep spending money on interfaces until I find one that works as most places don't offer money back guarantees around here. I was thinking about the edirol I'll look into it.

Dave
Old 11-23-2005, 08:08 PM

any good dealer will let you return it within about a week if it doesnt work for you. just check before you hand over your cash
as far as i know the problems have only come with certain Midiman/M-Audio interfaces and the edirols are fine. the only way to know for sure is to try one out