Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2014, 03:23 PM

Default The track "guitar" is unable to perform Elastic Audio because an audio file on the...

Hello my friends, I recently upgraded to bigger hard drives and cloned my files to the new ones using CCC and now I get these errors when I try to open a session:

The track "march" is unable to perform Elastic Audio because an audio file on the playlist is unsupported for Elastic Audio processing as it is read only.
This track Will be made in active. The air must be corrected before the track can be made active again.

I checked the file and it was read/write so I don't know what's going on.
I'm using a quad core Mac Pro with OSX 10.6.6 and Pro Tools 8.0.5. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-09-2014, 03:35 PM

Default Re: The track "guitar" is unable to perform Elastic Audio because an audio file on th

Repair Disk permissions?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-09-2014, 03:45 PM

Default Re: The track "guitar" is unable to perform Elastic Audio because an audio file on th

I tried that, but no luck.

Fortunately, I still have the original drives and they do not have this error, but I still need to upgrade to larger drives as I'm running out of space.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:09 PM

First

Which drives were replaced?

So there was no need to use CCC on the record target drive. I know because I just upgraded my internal spinner to a SSD.

Now the OS drive yes needs to be listed as having a MBR installed (via CCC)

But your target doesn't. The reason I ask is because CCC has different kinds of options when copying

- I would wipe the new drive, manually formatting to MAC osjournaled. And then manually copying the sessions you want to the new recording target drive.

You also want to double check the disk allocation for the session after you get it loaded up to make sure it's looking at and recording to the new drive name/number
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:58 PM

I was just going to say to check the allocation in Pro Tools not just on your mac info panel.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.