Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-23-2021, 04:25 AM

Default Re: BFD 3 & InMusic & fxpansion help

Just got a form letter email from InMusic with steps to try but says nothing about having to be logged into the license manager s/w and online when running BFD.

QAPLA!
Old 04-23-2021, 07:07 AM

AIR has not been easy here. Reverted.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-24-2021, 10:40 AM

Drew from fxpansion has clarified many issues related to this migration on GS. His participation begins at the bottom of the 2nd page, as user "amberience":

https://gearspace.com/board/new-prod...migration.html
Old 04-24-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Drew from fxpansion has clarified many issues related to this migration on GS. His participation begins at the bottom of the 2nd page, as user "amberience":

https://gearspace.com/board/new-prod...migration.html
Thanks for the link. Pretty poor we have to go chasing on another forum. There is no BFD Drums forum. I do NOT find Drew's words encouraging. 'We're looking into that' doesn't encourage a fuzzy warm feeling. Nor does having to chase support for download links and such for the no longer existing Zildjian libraries.

QAPLA!
Old 04-24-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks for the link. Pretty poor we have to go chasing on another forum. There is no BFD Drums forum. I do NOT find Drew's words encouraging. 'We're looking into that' doesn't encourage a fuzzy warm feeling. Nor does having to chase support for download links and such for the no longer existing Zildjian libraries.
BFD Forum is the new officially supported forum. There are also FB groups for BFD, FXpansion Users, and a new BFD Users Group. If you need to open a support ticket, send an email to [email protected].
Old 04-24-2021, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicMan View Post
BFD Forum is the new officially supported forum. There are also FB groups for BFD, FXpansion Users, and a new BFD Users Group. If you need to open a support ticket, send an email to [email protected].
I don't do Fakebook.You do know there's no link to that forum from the BFD Drums website right? This whole thing is like someone once said -'it can best be described by having the word cluster in it'. Everything InMusic touches turns to crap.

QAPLA!
Old 04-25-2021, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I don't do Fakebook.You do know there's no link to that forum from the BFD Drums website right? This whole thing is like someone once said -'it can best be described by having the word cluster in it'. Everything InMusic touches turns to crap.
Not sure what's wrong with you, but the adult response is "thank you for the information". The reason being, neither I nor the rest of the world actually care about you or your problems. If you never had anything to do with music again, there isn't one person on earth who would be bothered. For those who want support, I've supplied multiple ways to get it. If you don't, nobody cares.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicMan View Post
Not sure what's wrong with you, but the adult response is "thank you for the information". The reason being, neither I nor the rest of the world actually care about you or your problems. If you never had anything to do with music again, there isn't one person on earth who would be bothered. For those who want support, I've supplied multiple ways to get it. If you don't, nobody cares.
You only have 9 posts. Maybe you’ve been around, maybe you’re new.

In my case, my ID is so old I used my actual name. Imagine!

InMusic has been BRUTAL with anything that I’ve had the unfortunate opportunity to have to interact with them about. In particular, the whole Avid/Air Instruments thing is a big stupid mess, has been for a while.

Fxpansion used to be 100% amazing for me. This goes back to participating in VST2RTAS beta testing with Angus running it. Responsive, knowledgeable, and helpful.

In my recent migration experience, I already felt it weird when... Japanese came up in the migration page. Japanese! Why? It’s not for me. Use it when Japanese-speaking people need it. But fine, I’ll just click through. Then no coupon for the free expansion pack (in fact, the link to purchase didn’t even work - works now, but still no coupon). No v3.4 of BFD either, not in my account to directly download and not through their new license manager. E-mailing the support e-mail you suggested yields a boilerplate robot response some days later; a couple of business days later, after my immediate response indicating their canned answer addressed zero of the issues, no reply.

So... sure, there are “official channels”. What’s sad is the terrible events of the migration. But hey, there will be growing pains with anything, right? So make sure your official support channels know their rear end from their elbow... which they apparently don’t. And so, as of today, a week or so later and it’s FUBAR. At least my software still works but I’d like my free expansion pack and updated software as promised, and I don’t think owners need to have to chase after the company - official channels or otherwise - to get what they were promised.

Maybe some people had it go smoothly. Evidently I’m not the only one with a different, sub-par experience, and unfortunately that is ON-par with InMusic as far as I’m concerned.