Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2011, 10:33 PM

Talking Back to Pro Tools 9 from PT10

I am not sure if I posted on this side by]t I have left the world of PT10 and reinstalled PT9. Why did I do this, simple - PT10 didnt work me for and had too many issues that professionally I couldnt live with. It was costing me Money (school cost and this was for a grade) and even though the upgrade was free it just didnt pan out to the be better solution. PT10 is buggie as hell.

So, i figured Id post this as a positive message for anyone in my boat that must return to that which works best. For anyone that is looking to "DE Upgrade" I have a few things I want to mention.

First thing is make sure you save any files from PT10 to a readable file fr PT 7-9. Second, uninstall PT10 and I even sudgest going back to an image of you hard drive that is VOID of PT all together. I did a factory image and reinstalled. Third, UPDATE ALL DRIVERS ... and I mean anything that can be updated.

So far I am back with less issues, no clicks, no freexing when opening Aux Tracks, no playback problems. However, the files that were saved in a PTF format from PT10 are buggie so beware of that. Just slight issues.

I hope PT10 come out with an update that address some of these major concerns and if it does I will give it another shot. But right folks, if you dont have time to waiste dont upgrade yet. It will be worth the wait.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Back to Pro Tools 9 from PT10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickTheory View Post
I am not sure if I posted on this side but I have left the world of PT10 and reinstalled PT9. Why did I do this, simple - PT10 didnt work me for and had too many issues that professionally I couldnt live with.
What reproducible issues are you referring too?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
What reproducible issues are you referring too?
And some details about your computer hardware could help. Otherwise, good advice on backups(and I am still amazed at how many skip this....until they get bit in the *****). And don't get me started on all those 6-8 owners that don't write down their authorization codes in several places

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
And don't get me started on all those 6-8 owners that don't write down their authorization codes in several places
As with the Reference Guide, the Quick Start Guide was binned too.