Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Anyone using Waves TDM V5 on a Mix system...?

Hi,
I recently upgraded from the Gold TDM bundle (v3 / OS9) to the Platinum TDM Bundle v4 & 5, running on PT 6.4.1 cs4 / OS 10.3.9 / 3 Mix cards / G4/933 w/ 512K RAM. The demo of Waves V4 had run well on my OS X bootup, despite being super sluggish when I was running more than a couple of the Phase Linear plugs.

But I'm having major problems since upgrading to the current Platinum bundle, v4+5 combined, I believe. HTDM didn't work at all at first, but then I upgraded to the 6.4.1 cs4 release of PT, and do the whole thing where I force Stream Manager to be on the 1st Mix card. (Total pain in the butt...) But even then things flake out. If I go to Finder and come back, the IR-1 reverb will suddenly sound all staticky. If I try to put a Linear Multiband Compressor on the Master fader is mutes the Master fader. If I disable it, it somehow ends up muting other audio tracks. The L3 TDM won't instantiate at all due to "insufficent system dsp", even though it's the only plug in the session. It runs as RTAS ok. If I do get an IR-1 Efficient running on an Aux track in a VERY small session, it crashes during the bounce in various weird ways depending on where the buffer size is set...

Not quite sure why I upgraded to Platinum, since I can't seem to easily run any of the new fancy plugins.

Anyone have any tips or thoughts...? Thanks - Steve
Old 06-07-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Anyone using Waves TDM V5 on a Mix system...?

I just downloaded a new installer the other day and it said it no longer supported Mix.
I believe Waves has the system requirmenst posted (www.waves.com/support) as well