Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2010, 03:26 PM

Default After installing Crossgrade, how would I reinstall from scratch?

I recently bought PT 9 LE crossgrade on disc and installed it on my 2009 iMac connected to an 003 Rack+ which was previously running PT 8.03. The install was smooth and it's all working fine.

After getting all the iLok licenses sorted I visited my Avid account pages and found that along with a load of other stuff I had the full PT 9 installer deposited as a download.

This got me thinking: How would I reinstall PT 9 from scratch, say on a new computer, if I only had my PT 8 discs and the PT 9 crossgrade? I guess that would work, but could be a lengthy process. So does the full installer deposit in my account mean Avid acknowledge I'm entitled to own the full installer as well?

I figure if so I should download both the Mac and Windows versions, burn them to disc and keep them for the future.

Anybody venture any thoughts on this?
Old 12-19-2010, 03:44 PM

Default Re: After installing Crossgrade, how would I reinstall from scratch?

the cross grade affect the purchase price in that you got a discount for entering a hardware serial number.

how you choose to install is the updater or full installer. your choice and you have access to both.

after the serial is entered to get the reduced cross grade price the ilok asset authorizes the program regardless of how its installed.

Download the full installer and all the content and back it up!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 AM

Default Re: After installing Crossgrade, how would I reinstall from scratch?

Thanks for that. Makes sense, I guess.

I thought at first that the discs I would get when I bought the crossgrade would be update discs only, but looking at them again and after what you've said it looks as if they're actually full install discs. There's certainly no mention of "crossgrade" printed on the discs: that's only on a cardboard sleeve round the outside of the box.

I'm still gonna download the installer from the site just in case though!