Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 06-05-2014, 07:02 PM

Default Strange Fader Problem SC48

Hey all, thanks in advance. My SC48 (not remote) from 2009 just developed a strange fader problem. I was switching input card 1 & 3, because slot 7 of card 1 has an issue. When I put it back together & started testing, the input faders started jumping around if you moved them while pressing down normally on them. If you push to the side or pull up on them it doesn't happen. For example, take fader 1, put normal downward pressure, then push it all the way up, on the screen it slowly creeps upwards until you let off pressure, then jumps to where you leave it.

Output faders are fine, as is Flex & master fader. And faders 4-5 in each bank of inputs work fine. I switched the connector from fader 3 & 4 and the problem followed the connector, so its not the fader itself. I reseated every connector on both the fader banks & the top panel. I'm at a loss now. Could it be software related? Any help would be great as the console is open now & will be at a show tomorrow.

Thanks, be safe.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Strange Fader Problem SC48

maybe just worn out. check the behavior in the system check -> faders -> group.

check this
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=351647
Old 06-06-2014, 07:50 AM

What do you think is worn out? Its not individual faders as I have eliminated that by swapping connectors.

New symptom- input bank right still has two working faders but they jumped from faders 4-5 to 3-4....

thanks
Old 06-06-2014, 08:19 AM

i had to have the first 4 replaced, as they were not functional anymore. 2009er desk as well. basically same issue, with the pressure and no pressure -jumping stuff.

try the method mentioned in the other thread. otherwise check fader firmware and reinstall, but maybe calling the support might help in case you damaged something when you've swapped cards