How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Authorization ilok

Hi guys,
i purchased an Mbox2 Mini few days ago, and i installed all the free plug-ins provided by the product.
The problem is that when Pro Tools load at the starting, the software requires an "ilok authorization" for most of the plug ins installed.
After the registration of my product on digidesign.com i will receive the usb key at home? or i have to run some executive to unlock the plug ins?
Thanks for the time and so sorry for bad english.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Authorization ilok

The Pro Tools LE application, DigiRack plug-ins, and Ignition Pack software do not require an iLok.

You have probably installed updates for optional paid plug-in or other software that was not included with the particular product that you purchased. The same installation disks are used for systems besides the Mbox 2 Mini.

For information on what is included with the Mbox 2 Mini, go to that product section:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...14&itemid=4962
and click on the Bundled Plug-Ins tab.

If you have installed other software, see the page linked from the iLok Authorization Info link on the right side of the Support section:
http://www.digidesign.com/support

Near the top on that page is a link to this page:
Pop-up Authorization Messages - Trial Licenses - Removing Optional Plug-Ins & Software
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=19348

Quote:
Pop-up Authorization Messages

All Digidesign plug-ins and software that require an additional purchase (and many from third-party developers) require an iLok license for authorization.

When the Pro Tools application is launched, a message will appear for each plug-in or software option that requires iLok authorization if the license for that sofware is not found on an iLok connected to your computer.

Pro Tools installers and installation disks include various installers for optional plug-ins and software in order to allow existing owners of these options to install or update software for which they have licenses.

If you have installed optional plug-ins or software that you did not purchase, and you do not have an iLok license to use these items, you can remove the software using the instructions below. Once you do, the pop-up authorization message will no longer appear during Pro Tools startup. The procedure for removing the expired (demo) software is different depending on the software type and platform. Information on trial licenses is at the bottom of this page...
Old 08-02-2007, 04:43 AM

thanks for the reply sir, but it's strange because i installed the plug ins provided by the ignition pack directly...
Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 AM

Maybe you could tell us which plugins specifically are prompting your for authorization? It would be much easier to help you that way.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 08-02-2007, 01:22 PM

thanks,

are the plug-ins provided in the same dvd of the software pro tools like: Digidesign group (D-Fi, Maxim, Smack!, Surroundscope ecc.), focusrite d2, d3, sonic NoNOISE, all the bomb factory plug ins ecc.
ALL executive setup are in the folder: E:\Plug-In Installers\...
why pro tools ask me the ilok?
yesterday i downloaded the 48k version of bombfactory plug ins, provided by the digidesign site, but i mean it's only for a try not absolutely free, but i have the free ones on the dvd... i want them
thanks for the support guys
Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
thanks,

are the plug-ins provided in the same dvd of the software pro tools like: Digidesign group (D-Fi, Maxim, Smack!, Surroundscope ecc.), focusrite d2, d3, sonic NoNOISE, all the bomb factory plug ins ecc.
ALL executive setup are in the folder: E:\Plug-In Installers\...
why pro tools ask me the ilok?
Those plugins are not included with the MBox mini. They are included on the Pro Tools installation disks for the convenience of the users who own them and to keep production costs down.

You do not have authorizations for those plugins, so you will have to remove them (as directed above) or purchase them.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12