Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 11-16-2010, 06:24 AM

Default Is it possible to bypass the CPU detection of the install?

Good morning.
I'm trying to install the Pro Tools SE that came with my new M-Audio MobilePre (2nd Gen) on my laptop, but I only have a 1.4Ghz CPU and the installer halts and says Pro Tools needs a minimum 1.8Ghz CPU.

I know that is the minimum listed on th box, but I'm wondering why the solftware won't let me just proceed at my own risk? Is there a way to get around this? (without buying a new laptop)

I can use the MobilePre out of the box with Adobe Audition, but I bought the device because it was bundled with Pro Tools. I want to reaquaint myself with the Pro Tools interface.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2010, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Is it possible to bypass the CPU detection of the install?

Hi dstaff - sorry, I really don't think you can bypass the Pro Tools system check.

The Pro Tools Digital Audio Engine really needs as much CPU power as it can get. Even 1.8Ghz is pretty slow these days.

I hope someone else on the forum knows otherwise!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Is it possible to bypass the CPU detection of the install?

hey digitalaudiogeek..
Thanks for the feedback.. I was kind of afraid of that, but thought I'd ask anyway... oh well until I find a solution for this, or get PT M-powered 7.4 to recongnise my new M-Audio MobilePre (2nd Gen), (or convince my wife to let me by a new laptop...) I guess I'm stuck using Audition..