Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 11:02 AM

Default Getting OMS to recognize more than 1 device?

I just set up OMS for my Digi001 with Pro Tools LE and I am trying to figure out how to get more than one midi device to show up. I have read the manual enough times to recite it backwards but I'm still getting only one device. Do I have to buy a midi interface in order for OMS to recognize more than one device? (right now I'm daisy chaining my MIDI Devices) Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Getting OMS to recognize more than 1 device?

If the 001 is the only midi interface you have right now....and it is the only thing you see..then that means that OMS found your main midi thru device...however, OMS will not find out what midi devices you have unless you tell it...add devices acording on how you have them setup up...I think it is the Add new device in the Edit menu...set the manufactur, model, name etc.... and if you them daisy chaining .. then add a device to the master device ...and you will see in and out lines to 001 to midi device and 1 line to the device daisy chaining. if the device doesnt connect to the master one and its just sitting in the screen drag the device to the master device and should connect....if you need me to be a lit be more clearer let me know...im being as breif as possible...boss is near me...go to go...lol (can't be slacking on the job)
I make beats - Love that line