Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2014, 05:43 AM

Default Instrument plug ins -Protools 11

I am venturing into the world of midi for the first time and can't find any instrument plug ins in my protools 11. I've watched a few tutorials in YouTube and older versions of protools seem to have them. I am able to get midi signal into protools but can't find any instruments for sound.

Did I miss something during the initial setup?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 03-03-2014, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Instrument plug ins -Protools 11

Hey

Have you installed the Air Instrument collection from your Avid Account? Thats where the Air plugins and Virtual Instruments are located and it is a separate installation since PT10 I think.

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 AM

When I log into my account and choose products not yet downloaded it says no products found. I then tried your products and there is a long list including air creative collection, avid codec pack, dx driver, avid virtual instruments, big fish loops.

Above this list is a note: please select only plugins that you have obtained licenses to use. Unliscensed plugins will download and install but will not function within protools.

The air creative collection and avid virtual instrument plugins are over 2gb each. I had to put them on my system without knowing if they will work.

Brian
Old 03-03-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Bastard View Post
When I log into my account and choose products not yet downloaded it says no products found. I then tried your products and there is a long list including air creative collection, avid codec pack, dx driver, avid virtual instruments, big fish loops.

Above this list is a note: please select only plugins that you have obtained licenses to use. Unliscensed plugins will download and install but will not function within protools.

The air creative collection and avid virtual instrument plugins are over 2gb each. I had to put them on my system without knowing if they will work.

Brian

Hi

When you say 2GB each you mean one for 10 and one for 11 right? Yes they are over 2.5 GB each and if you use both PT10 and PT11 you need to install both. The AIR collections are authorized by the same license that PT is licensed by so just download and install and you are goid to go

The other installers only download if you have the licenses for so do this first and make sure they work.

The Big Fish loops and samples are free and needs no license authorization and used for sample players like structure free hich is included in the Air collection.

Regarding codecs and DX drivers etc you don't have to install those and best thing is to read up on Avid website if you wanna know what they are. We never installed any of them so start with the Air stuff and the BigFish samples and see to it that hey work before doing anything else.

Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-03-2014, 03:10 PM

First off thanks for the help. I was able to install air creative successfully and it gave me access to boom, db33, mini grand, structure free, vacuum and xpand2.

Avid virtual instruments for pro tools 10 is also available. Is this a free install that will work with Pro tools 11?

Brian
Old 03-03-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Bastard View Post
First off thanks for the help. I was able to install air creative successfully and it gave me access to boom, db33, mini grand, structure free, vacuum and xpand2.

Avid virtual instruments for pro tools 10 is also available. Is this a free install that will work with Pro tools 11?

Brian
Both those Air Collections are free and it they are both the exact same plugins and VI's except one is AAX64Bit for PT11 and the other 32bit rtas for PT10 so have at it and hope everything will work great

Best Wishes
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————