Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2012, 06:05 PM

Default Requirements?

i really need help off someone, i just got an m audio fast track pro it comes with pro tools se i installed it i started to record my vocals with my audio technica 2035 and when im done recording there is no playback so i cant hear it do i need any other requirements to get playback or do i have wrong settings on or something, hope someone hets back to me! thanks :)
Old 01-04-2013, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Requirements?

Hi I'm new to this as well but are you trying to listen to your playback through the speakers or your headphones. As far as I'm aware protools se doesnt support playback through speakers.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Hello,

If you recorded on a track, you should see a wave form for that track. Before recording you have to enable that track for recording then click record above and play to start recording. Also usually on the fastrack you have an input for a mic and one for guitar. On the track for the vocals you have to select the input 1 for the mic and 2 for the guitar track. You can search YouTube for videos on SE that may help.
As far as playback from speakers, if you don't connect your headphones to the fastrack the sound should come out of your speakers connected to your computer. If you don't want to use your computer speakers disconnect them and You can connect studio monitor speakers such as M-Audio Studiophile 30v to your fastrack RCA outputs.

Hope this helps,
Dcader10
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM

If you are seeing a recorded wave form, but not hearing playback, you may want to try this.

1)From your desktop, right click the pro tools icon
2)Select 'compatability mode'
3)select 'try recomended settings'

In my situation it tells me to operate pro tools compatible with windows xp service pack. Even though I have windows 7, it seems to run better for me.
I was having the same problem only intermittantly. You don't have to keep it that way, so you have nothing to lose by trying this.

I am not aware of any down side to this, but would like to know what other people are saying about this approach. Hope this helps.

good luck